Thursday, February 16, 2017

WHAT'S ON THE DESIGN BOARD


Greetings !
I was looking for something in one of my storage areas and found a set of quilt blocks put in a bag in a drawer. So sad. Totally forgot they were there.

I purchased the fabric years ago from Honey Be Good. The line is Serengeti by Birch Fabrics. It is 100% organic cotton. I love the prints! I knew this is one I wanted for myself, not a gift.

This is one block on the design wall. I used a pattern from " twolittlebanshees.com" called Easy Fat Quarter Cot Quilt.  so so easy.

I must have gotten interrupted in the creative process of making something for myself to have stashed it all away. I finally sewed the 3 columns together and this is what is on the design wall now.


Unfortunately, you'll need to click on the photo to see the detail cause it's a little bit small photo.

I sashed and bordered it with Grunge gold and red. I love it. Still need to find a backing in the stash.
I might even free motion quilt it. I have only tried that once before but it was on a table runner.  It turned out  fine but I was a nervous wreck that I would ruin my project. I usually stitch in the ditch, do straight lines or half inch cross hatch, maybe 2 inch cross hatch or circle quilt with my Janome built in quilting foot.

Hope you can enjoy these lovely prints. So different
Have a great day!
mary

No comments:

Post a Comment