Happy end of May? I'm sure many of you will be glad when your rain, snow, tornadoes and heat weather stops. We have had an unusually cool month and the 100's start in earnest today. Plus our monsoons should start in a few weeks. Yay! (not)
Here is my list of likes for this week:
1. The folks at Del Webb Medical Center in Sun City for taking care of my son once again! He had an emergency appendectomy Sunday after having his emergency gall bladder surgery 3 months ago! He's only 49. Luckily he had the same surgeon to take care of him this time. I don't understand what's going on because my son's pretty- much healthy. Maybe it's all that red meat men like to eat? Hopefully, these emergency situations will stop.
But, as I said, the staff there was most helpful and caring.
2. "Like minds' . I was reading a post by Jocelyn at Canadian Needle Nana the other day with her thought on impatience to get a project done so she can start a new one. That is so me. I make it to finishing the top of a quilt and want to start something new. I try not to have too many WIPS and tell myself I need to finish them before I'm allowed to start something new. Otherwise, nothing would get done. I guess this problem is due to the "sandwiching" and "quilting" being hard on my back or the fact that I don't have a designated table for those jobs. Or maybe, it's because the "quilting" part isn't really creative? It's also possible that we have squirrels here that attack, . Heehee
3. My new "Zing" vacuum cleaner.
I forget I have a rewards program on a credit card; so, the other day I decided to check on my rewards. I had a lot of points and picked out a new canister vacuum cleaner. It arrived in 3 days! I was so impressed with that delivery. We have all- tile floors (which I'm not crazy about) and I've been using a Swiffer dry cleaner on most of the rooms. But, it just didn't seem to pick up everything. Plus, I couldn't get into narrow areas or fit under furniture easily. I have a cordless upright vacuum that I received from the same rewards program but it also couldn't fit in small places and did not have those cute little attachments for cleaning blinds, furniture or hard-to-reach places.
This little Zing is truth in advertising! It is very powerful, bagless and easy to use. I love free things.The day it arrived, I cleaned half the house! It's the little things.
4. Patriotic Earrings from Walmart
Aren't they cute? I was grocery shopping and they were at the end of an aisle and only $3 for 3 pair. Crazy. The bottom pair is hard to see but they are dragonflies. Since I retired , I seldom wear jewelry because I'm home a lot. But, I recently realized I need to wear earrings almost daily to keep my ears pierced. I wore the dragonflies over the weekend and need to go back and get this for a gift.
5. The Village Glow top is done:
This photo does not show the correct color for the sashing. It is actually a very tiny red check. The border is a black with tiny colorful flowers. I really enjoyed making this very simple top from scraps. I love this top and will keep it but haven't had time to quilt it. Luckily, it is sandwiched. Maybe in a few weeks when I have more free time, I'll be able to finish this..
Gotta get ready for the king (Thomas) to arrive . We have called him that for many years because we are happy to be his subjects of affection. He has been here most days since school stopped the middle of May. Anyway, next week he will start at a new special- needs day care facility for 3 days a week. He will come here 2 days per week for the summer. We are anxious to see how he is cared for at the new facility. It's scary to feel this vulnerable to strangers caring for him. I pray for his safety and happiness every day.
Hope ya'll are healthy, happy and creating beautiful things. Please join us at Lee Anna's site: Not Afraid of Color for more "likes".