Thursday, October 1, 2020

Things I like Thursdays Oct 1

 Greetings!

We are still at 100 degrees days here but less smoke.  But, the 2 new fires in CA will probably blow this way tomorrow.  So, I still haven’t gone for a walk.  We need to wear masks regardless of Covid.  I’m back on oxygen so I don’t want to add smoke to the mix. 

But, I do have some like this week:

1.  My current books: 

Lee Anna was correct- this was good. 
Also:
This was both bizarre and funny.

2.  Family photo for my brother’s birthday


One of the few times I’m not taking the picture. So there’s My Pumpkin Thomas, brother Frank, daughter and best friend Tina and me (violating the distance rules but both of us holding our breath till the photo was done and she jumped off the sofa). LOL

3.  My new “tea” for aching muscles and joints:





This does not have real tea leaves, it’s just ground herbs in a tea bag. Ginger fights inflammation and turmeric works on muscles and joints. They are both anti inflammatory and are  antioxidants.  Surprisingly, it tastes good. Ginger and turmeric can taste bitter but not here.

That’s about it as I have been very busy organizing papers, updating bookkeeping and writing up a living will and medical POA.  I have an abdominal aorta aneurism that needs to be SURGICALLY fixed! When it rains it pours. I have an appointment next week with the surgeon.

Hope y’all are doing well.
Take care
Mary


6 comments:

  1. Love your family photo, Mary! Also the quilt behind the couch! Glad you're enjoying those books, too. I loved Bernadette! I need to put the other one on my list. The tea sounds yummy. I'm sorry you're dealing with a health issue like that, though. Hope it's resolved soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great family photo. I don't know how well turmeric works, but I throw it in the granola I make. But wow! it stains everything gold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely family photo. You've earned it. I'm so sorry you have a new medical issue to deal with. This year each week seems to bring a new challenge. I'm sending positive vibes your way. I'll look for that tea. With the cooler weather here, my joints are less flexible so maybe the tea will help. Take care.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a happy looking family! You are a medical miracle really to keep managing with what you are dealing with and maintaining your very positive outlook. The very best of luck now with your latest challenge, Mary. We will all be rooting for you! I have that tea, btw, and like it too and sometimes I add a little honey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking family and your quilt on the wall is fabulous. Oh no hope your surgery goes well, doesn't sound like fun. Hugs and prayers from cold, wet Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary! Thank you for sharing that new tea that you're trying. Do you notice a difference? I think I will look for that in the store. I've been having some knee pain and maybe that will make a difference. I am sorry that you have to have surgery. I am certain you will share minimal details with us but I will be praying all goes well. Finally, that photo of the four of you is wonderful! You look happy with your peeps. True blessings! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete