Wednesday, October 14, 2020

I like Thursdays Oct 15

 Greetings!

For those of you keeping track- we will be breaking our heat record today with 144 days with 100 degrees or more.  It’s so bad outside I’m going to look at a cheap treadmill today so I can walk. Also, today is the first day in a long time I can see the blue sky.  We have had polluted air for weeks. 

However, we will “tread” on because we are strong women. Yeah.


Here’s my list of “likes” for this week;

1. New bloggers joining our group.  We are all so talented ! Welcome to all. It’s wonderful to see how different we approach life and what makes us happy.

2.  The privilege of voting.

     


Yes, that’s my sticker  for voting by mail the day after we received our ballots.  I’m praying for our country.  

3.   Burts Bees products but especially this one:

   


I have been trying everything including prescriptions to clear up my dry, itching, peeling hands and fingers.  This finally worked if I use it several times a day.  Many years ago I used it but, for some reason, stopped.  My hands are much better..


4.  I hung the Christmas frames so I didn’t have to pack them away for only a month.  They are so pretty.


5. The Hallmark Christmas Movie  list is out


Yay!!!  You’re welcome.

Well peeps, that’s it for today.  Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you are safe and happy. Please join us for more likes at LeeAnna’s site, Not Afraid of Color.  

Take care.

Mary


8 comments:

  1. Hi Mary! I have been having a terrible time with my hands as well. I finally pulled out my Working Hands balm and it has helped immensely. My palms used to sound like sandpaper but now they're back to being soft and supple. I'm thrilled to hear that you saw blue sky but those 100+ temperatures have to be lessening soon. 144 straight days is just nuts. {{Hugs}} Take care. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your ain’t quality is improving! Slowly is better than not at all! Thanks for the Hallmark channel reminder...I have to watch it by myself, but that’s ok! I’ll cry alone! 😄

    ReplyDelete
  3. our heat spell is finally better, here's to yours breaking too. It's going to get hot again but hopefully less than it was. We go from extreme to extreme. I am going to order that cream.. my hands and feet are cracked, we suspect it's hard water not just dry air.. I like hanging the frames but you could also hang seasonal ornament kind of stuff in them! Imagine, bunnies, or fall leaves, or ...
    I pray Americans will ignore the hate messages sent and start to appreciate and bond with one another again. I've had my fill this week of being hated for believing in human rights!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I voted, too, Mary! I didn't get a sticker, though - wish I had one like yours! I'll have to look for the Burt's Bees cream - I need that in the winter. Your frames look wonderful on the wall! Hoping you get a cooldown soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I voted by mail. Funny I filled out my ballot, made sure it was in the secrecy envelope, signed it. I was going to drop it off at the township hall. My daughter found out township hall is only open due to COVID 8-1 and so she decided to mail hers. Well I went to put stamps on mine and couldn't find it. I texted her, um have you seen my ballot? Oh yeah since I was mailing mine, I mailed yours and her boyfriend's too. One hundred forty-four days of 100 + heat? I like hot, but i think you need to invest in a camel soon. That is 39% of the year over 100 degrees. I have a treadmill, when I am not logging 15K steps a day I use it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for voting. Wow, that is too many hot days! Burt Bee's is good stuff. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's way too many days over 100 degrees. I don't think I could handle it. I'm going to vote in person. With so many people voting by mail and early voting in NY for the first time, I figure there will hardly be anyone at the polls on Election Day. I don't ever remember seeing that Burt's Bees hand cream, but I will definitely look for it. By mid-winter my hands and the bottoms of my feet are really dried and cracked. Finally brought my geraniums and other tender plants in the house today. May have frost this weekend.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary, Those Christmas frames are so pretty. I remember how much you enjoy the Hallmark Christmas movies. Great fun. I use several Burt's Bees products...lip balms; I have the same issue as you and I get sick and tired of always having to coat myself. LOL

    ReplyDelete