Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Things I like Thursdays Oct 8

 Greetings!

This will be short as it’s one of those weeks when I just can’t think of many things that I liked.  

I do have a few though:

1.  One more day of 100 tomorrow.  I hope they are correct.  The mornings are nice in the 70’s for an hour or so.  

2.  Convenience of pasta.  Check this out:


60 seconds and just like regular pasta. $1.49 a pouch.  For me it was 2 servings.  No sauce so I just made cream of mushroom sauce.  Great in a pinch.  I told my daughter so she could take it to work.  I bought it at my Safeway.

2.  My new pajamas.  I wanted something nice and comfortable for when I have surgery later in the month. 



I splurged and purchased PajamaGram via Amazon.  High quality navy blue cotton knit and they fit!!! At least before washing.  I usually wear Xlarge but I knew they would be too long so getting the Xlarge petite was a good idea. It beats wearing an old soft tshirt and non matching  bottoms for pajamas. 

 I love the piping-even on the leg bottoms and recommend them even for costing $50!


  3.  “Escape to the Chateau” on Peacock.  Thanks to LeeAnna for sharing this with us.  I binge -watched 2 seasons and was so impressed with the husband’s engineering genius and the wife’s eclectic designing ideas.  They bought a run down, almost 200 years old Chateau in France and are repairing  it while raising 2 toddlers. 

4.  The birth of my great grandson Bentlee on the 6th. Mom and baby are doing well.

Please join us at Lee Anna’s site, Not Afraid of Color, for many more likes from our group. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a fantastic day.

Mary




11 comments:

  1. I do hope it cools down for you, Mary! It's time! Those pajamas look and sound cozy and comfortable - worth the splurge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary, you look so nice kitted out in those pj's which are what Tony would call posh, LOL. I notice our hairdos are identical. We actually picked up take out yesterday...I'm so tired of eating my own cooking. It was so good to me but salty. I was drinking water all evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what fancy pj's so good to wear something new and pretty isn't it? (it's been a while for me) New baby! with a cute name. ready to go pasta is a great alternative to take away. It was hard for me to come up with likes this week...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your weather cools off in the coming weeks. Even here in WY, we have had upper 80s. Unseasonably warm for October! Pretty pajamas, I hope your surgery goes well.
    We have to delight in the small things, lately! I appreciate LeeAnna for that,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary! Those new pjs look pretty darn snazzy and I love the photo of you! You deserve some new comfy matching jammies. I was hoping the temps would be breaking for you soon - well, actually by now. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy to hear mom and baby are doing well. LOVE your new pjs! I'll go look at Amazon...I like to shop there too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for grandchild! Love those pjs. Whew! 100 is hot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I think you have some great likes. Love your PJ, and I am not a pj type of girl. But a great grand how wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Facing surgery, you deserve new snazzy pajamas. Congratulations on the new great grandson. Hopefully you are coming to the end of your really hot temps. We've got seasonable temperatures now although we did have hail yesterday during a thunder storm as a cold front moved through. At least it wasn't snow.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pjs! Sorry you are facing surgery but at least you will be comfy and looking awesome! Good to know about that pasta--I had seen it but hadn't tried it yet! Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your new pajamas. They look comfy and very classy! They will definitely come in handy when having surgery. Congrats on the great grandchild!

    ReplyDelete