Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Things I like Thursdays Oct 22

 Greetings!

It’s Wednesday morning as I’m writing this and it’s 63 degrees!!! Nice.  I can’t believe it is snowing already in the northern states.  You lucky people; even though there’s still leaves on your trees.  Lol

I’m afraid, once again, my list Of likes is short because I just can’t think of any.

Here’s my list of my likes for this week:

1. Instant potato soup.  I used the recipe from Jacques Pepin on Facebook.


5 minutes.  Basically, sauté a little chopped onion in a little olive oil, add 2 c chicken broth, simmer 2 minutes, add a cup or so of instant mashed potatoes stir and sprinkle with finely chopped chives( I use dried in a jar) and some shredded cheddar, done and really good. 

2.  My current read

I’ve started this series of Christmas books to escape. I like this author anyway so this was a nice surprise.
Waiting for my surgery on the 30th, now (as they cancelled the first date ) is driving me crazy. I keep buying extra groceries etc because I won’t be able to do much for awhile.  Ugh.

3.  Candy Corn without yellow no 5 dye which I’m allergic to.
Unbelievable that I found this at Michael’s craft stores. It’s my favorite candy so I was thrilled.
BTW- yellow no 5 is banned in Europe-its poison.  Just sayin.

4.  Framed paintings.



I invested in matting and backing boards, some artist tape and Velcro hanging strips. I then hung some of my paintings in the hallway.  I just couldn’t handle leaving all my paintings in a folder in a cabinet!
It took some time (all afternoon) to frame them properly but this way, I can change them out if I like.


Well peeps, I hope you are cooling off, enjoying the fall.  Please join us at Lee Anna’s site, Not Afraid of Color , for more likes.
Wear a mask.
Vote.
Take care.
Mary

13 comments:

  1. WOWIE your paintings are gorgeous matted and treated like the art they are. I had no idea about yellow dye... one might think our govt would protect us... bwaahahahahaha, sorry. Since the current administration began,food companies are no longer even required to tell us what's in our food, it's too expensive for them to change their labels, poor things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Your Potato Soup sound yummy...Beautiful paintings..they look wonderful hanging up instead of in a drawer. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary! So glad to hear it has cooled down for you. 63 degrees sounds just fabulous. I love the matted prints - they look so nice in a grouping together. I have to wonder why yellow dye #5 isn't banned here?? Enjoy the week. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your paintings are lovely! Good work, matting them so they can be enjoyed. I’m going to jot down your recipe...sounds yummy and easy easy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum on the soup, and so easy! I like that! Your paintings look wonderful matted and hung that way, Mary - definitely better than in a drawer somewhere. Glad you are getting some cool moments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Mary your paintings look awesome on the wall! Worth the effort to frame them up for sure. Love that recipe and right up my alley. I made a pumpkin soup tonight that was almost as easy. Yes, read, watch your movies, do whatever you need to feel okay as you wait. Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's the beginning of soup season! How nice to have the paintings up on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great solution for your paintings and yes, you should be enjoying them, not keeping them in a drawer. I love potato soup. I bet you could add a little crumbed bacon, too. Sorry your surgery was delayed. It just adds to the anxiety. We'll all be saying a prayer for you next week. We've had rain all week, over 2" inches. Tomorrow we may set a record high of 78 degrees, but then back to cold and damp on Saturday. Wacky weather for sure.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your paintings look pretty hanging on your wall. I like that you framed them so you can change them with the seasons, if you want to!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Potato soup sounds wonderful--can't imagine a winter without it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your paintings are WONDERFUL! So glad you hung them up! They should be seen! That potatoe soup is a new one to me, may have to try that this winter! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your paintings. Candy corn huh? Amazing yellow dye number 3. I know that there are a lot of fancy cakes that they just encrust them with sprinkles. I am not a sprinkle type girl to me sprinkles me just a wee bit. i don't think I would like that mouth full of hard when I want cake.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good for you for getting your beautiful paintings framed & hung. Good luck with your upcoming surgery. Sometimes the waiting is worse than the procedure!

    ReplyDelete