Wednesday, September 23, 2020

I Like Thursdays Sep 24

 Greetings.

We are having cooler weather (still over 100) so we are liking having cold water most days. It’s the little things.   I have been sick for a week and finally went to urgent care and was diagnosed with diverticulitis which is not fun.  So, I hope this gets posted in time.  I only have a few likes this week:

1.  This Grinch Christmas Tree.

 

I love this photo from Facebook.

2.  The Dresser Topper is done.




And my daughter loves it.

3.   Fall decorations are up


I wish I had more space to make little vignettes like these.


4. Photos from my daughters annual trip to Payson Az this week



Payson is a small town 2 hours north east of Phoenix where we like to go for cooler weather and clear skies.  I wasn’t able to go this time so she sent me the photos of our favorite park.

5.  My current read


This is another in the Winter series of the Quinn’s family life in Nantucket.  I’m appreciating this author.

This family is so relatable with all the dysfunction, caring, and crazy choices they make. Very entertaining.


I was sad to hear about the passing of Justice Ruth  Bader Ginsburg, the champion of justice and an inspiration to all.  Her legacy will live on for many years to come.  I like the way people are paying tribute to her. It’s called respect.


Thanks to CNN for this photo.


 I’ve been taking it easy with reading and tv.  I hope you are all taking care of yourselves as well.  Thank you so much for stopping by.  I love hearing from you. It’s fun to support each other.  Please join us at Lee Anna’s site, NOT AFRAID  OF COLOR, for more “likes”.

Stay safe and please wear a mask. Thank you.

Mary

14 comments:

  1. Diverticulitis is no fun so please take really good care of yourself and only eat what the doctors tell you! It sounds like you have some things you can do and read while you are resting. Your dresser topper is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am sorry you are suffering from Diverticulitis. My great grandmother had it, my mom has it...she gets flare ups all the time, but she eats anything and everything that contribute to flares too. Great Christmas tree, sounds like an awesome book, and the fall vignette is lovely, as is the table topper. Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, Mary! What a moving picture of RBG's former clerks accompanying her casket. Geez - try to explain that to work friends who wonder why your eyes are tearing. Thanks for the new book author recommendation - my library has her books so we'll get on the list to give the first book a try. I'm sorry you have been feeling poorly - diverticulitis is nothing to mess around with. {{Hugs}} Your runner looks fab and I'm so glad DD love sit. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better each day! For sure, follow the doc’s orders! You reminded me , I have a dresser topper to make too! When our son lived in AZ, they too used to escape to Payson. Love you’re little vignette!

    ReplyDelete
  5. RBG the passing of a human rights activist who made genuine contributions to our country... I am afraid of a world without her help. Fall dec is out at your place and so cute! Thanks for the book suggestion... I put it on my list

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you feel better soon!! And that picture of RBGs clerks is so moving. I love your little fall vignettes, I got out my fall decorations this week and it always makes me smile. And I love Payson- I have very fond memories of visiting a beloved childhood friend there, about 30 years ago now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry you've been sick, Mary - hope each day you feel a bit better. So sorry you couldn't go to Payson this year. Your dresser topper looks great! I love little seasonal displays like yours, too - they're so fun. The photo of all the clerks on the steps of the Supreme Court building always brings me to tears!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Damn. That's what I had in August - although I got sicker a lot faster than you did. That SUCKS. I feel for you... seriously. I hope you recover quickly. Yay for fall decorations. And I like your table runner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely post filled with likes! I do hope you are taking care of yourself with the Diverticulitis. It’s a nasty disease. So heartwarming that you shred the picture that shows the respect that RBG earned in her lifetime of working to improve people’s lives.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the quilted runner! It's beautiful! I hope you are feeling much better now...that is very painful. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you are taking it easy while you recover from diverticulitis. It's no fun to deal with. I've read that Winter Stroll book and several others in the series. Sad that you missed the trip to Payson. And the death of RBG brought on a bout of depression. I really fear for our country, but will keep hoping for a miracle. Sorry I missed last week's post, but I caught up with it today.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing your likes. Too bad you have diverticulitis - not fun. It is one of those things that is hard to diagnose for sure. I guess that means no berries with seeds and popcorn for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely likes, Mary. I'm glad you have your reading and tv. and was very sorry to hear you've been feeling poorly. My mother has diverticulosos and it has meant a few ambulance rides over the years. However, always a good outcome and she is 86 now. She never was able to figure out anything in her diet that triggered an attack.
    Your autumn items are sweet. I don't really have anything for this time of year but so enjoy seeing what everyone else has. Hope you get to rest well now on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It has been a hard year and RBG's passing has made it just unbearable. The dresser topper is lovely, the fall decorations are cute, the pictures of the fountain are soothing and the last picture makes me cry. Sending hugs...hoping that when I send a hug I get one too.

    ReplyDelete