Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Things I like Thursdays July 30

Greetings.


I don’t like starting my day frustrated but you can read my previous post.  The new Blogger is not my friend but I refuse to give up. 

Here’s a list of my likes for this week.  Thanks to Lee Anna for keeping us focused on positive things in theses difficult times! 

1.  Sprouts Market store delivery.  I finally took the plunge and use Instacart delivery service to have someone pick out my groceries and deliver them.   It’s not free but under my circumstances it’s worth it.  So, I online ordered a list of specialty (gluten free, etc) items and fresh produce within a larger amount of options.  It all worked well twice now.  One thing I’ve noticed with online grocery/ household buying is the delivery drivers are mostly women.  Oh, and I do wipe down everything that enters the house with disinfectant wipes.  I use peroxide/ water mix for produce.


2.  Thomas making Christmas cards in July.  He loves it!



 I’m so pleased my daughter purchased Christmas craft kits many months ago for stuff to do during lockdown. He informed us Christmas is his favorite time of year!  Us too.

DOES ANYONE IN OUR GROUP BLOG ON ANOTHER BLOG SERVICE?

asking for a friend.


At this point I had to close my iPad and walk away due to the struggles and amount of time spent trying to use the new Blogger.  This is not fun or how I want to spend my time.




I’m back:

3.  This poster from a specialty shop in Glendale 




4.  Cleaning and reorganizing my fabric stash and art supplies


One space that is delegated to storage. Not pretty.




Done. 

 All my crafts and fabric are in my bedroom.   I have been feeling guilty for having so much fabric around me not being used.  I purchased 90% of it before I retired. I haven’t had a sewing mojo for almost a year. There were a few items made for Christmas or family last year but when the Corona virus hit, sewing came to a halt.  I have no idea why.  I did pick up painting instead.  Certainly not to the extreme my quilting was.  
 We have an 8 year old (going on 40) sweet girl in our family who needed a hobby.  So, I gave her my two year old , small/ lightweight Janome, sewing supplies and tools, as well as appropriate fabric as a gift.  As I suspected, she is over the moon learning to sew. I cannot go to see or teach her.  But, on day one she was reading the manual and trying things out!  In addition, she has a grandma who stays at her house a few days a week who will now teach her to sew.  Happiness all around.  I am so thrilled for us all. 

I gave 2 large bags of fabric (plus scraps) to Goodwill along with many patterns I never even used.  I gave a large bag of precuts to a quilter friend of my brother. She's a happy camper to have all those pretties.

I still have  3 sewing machines, a small amount of fabric and now my painting supplies.  I no longer feel guilty about what I have. I have maybe 4 quilting projects that could be finished but no other sewing in the future.   Oh, and a much nicer bedroom.


I’m exhausted from all this cleaning and moving stuff around. Hopefully, I can paint tomorrow.

In the meantime, I put up some Christmas lights that we are enjoying!



Stay safe and let me know how you’re doin with the new BLOGGER πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

Mary

P.S. in case you’re wondering how lovely it’s been outside:

14 days of lows above 90 Degrees and 25 days of over 110 degrees. SO FAR. 
Just sayin.  Fun fact: more divorces are filed in August than any other month, here.  


 



12 comments:

  1. I’m glad you are finding your space more enjoyable. It’s good to see Thomas making cards. Thanks for mentioning the derailment, I wanted to check it out with our son, but he is so busy with a job and packing his apartment to move this weekend.
    I cannot finish my blogs on my iPad. I can sort of outline them, but then I go to my laptop and there, the new blogger works much better. Hope you find your rhythm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fighting thru the new system, and someone said try using Chrome instead of safari. Well, that's probably why they reorganized, it's all owned by google... still, somehow, I posted today using it and we have to get used to it, grrrrrrrrr.
    back to the good stuff... I like seeing Thomas being creative,Like that the delivery service worked (we ordered from whole foods and they sent out of date meat, wrong items, among the correct order) your craft area looks very organized. I taught my niece to quilt at 8 and she did perfect work!
    so many quilters are having trouble focusing during the health crisis too... you are not alone in that. Painting seems different somehow, easier than sewing... LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary! I think you have made one sweet 8-year-old granddaughter one very happy girl. You've given her the gift that will stay with her for the rest of her life. It's just too bad that you can't teach her to sew. I'm happy to see that Thomas like making Christmas cards - that's just the perfect activity for 110+ degree days. WOWEE that is HOT. Twenty-five days in a row with August ahead of you. Thank heavens for a/c. {{Hugs}} Stay safe and healthy. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell Thomas he sure is making some beautiful Christmas cards. He'll make a lot of people happy when the holidays come around. How smart he is to make these early. And I'm like you....trying to get my sewing stuff under control by donating and giving away things. It makes me feel better! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you're still having trouble with Blogger - so frustrating! When I used an ipad, I had the same problem as Judy describes. I couldn't do much on the ipad and had to do most on the laptop. But that was with the OLD blogger! I'm so impressed with your cleaning out of everything! That does feel good to get that done. That was quite a fire and train accident. Hope no people were hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, it's hot! What a fun post. I'm sorry you're still having trouble wit blogger. They're still tweaking it, but I've got it working. I know there's at least one of this group that's on wordpress. Not sure if that's easier. Doesn't purging feel good? Wow, that's a lot! Love your Christmas lights and quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that is a purge! But so many people benefited so that is awesome. I haven't had any problems with the new blogger platform, but I use a laptop so that may be the difference. Thomas making Christmas cards made me smile, he looks so pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Mary, your link didn't show up on LeeAnna blog post today, but I tracked you down. Sorry the new blogger is still giving you trouble. It sounds like it may be a conflict between Blogger and iPads. Thomas looks happy to be working on his Christmas cards. That train fire looks quite destructive. It's sure to be disruptive as well. I hope you are not giving up quilting completely, but it must be a relief to have downside your supplies.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was quite the train fire and on a bridge!
    I'm sorry new Blogger is being a pain for you. Maybe it is the platform you are using it on...it is behaving fine on my Acer laptop.
    Love to see photos of Thomas and especially doing Christmas in July crafts. A big cleanout like that is cathartic, isn't it. Now you can concentrate on the hobby you want to do without feeling guilty about not using up a bunch of other stuff. And more breathing room in your space is good too. My, it is hot in your neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad you are focusing on the positive. The Christmas cards that Thomas is making are very creative. Your art space is looking lovely and I do love the poster from The Cottage Garden. A great reminder!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful lights and beautiful cards. I know some bloggers use wordpress. I find the new Blogger frustrating. I just switch back to the Legacy version to complete and publish my posts. I am sure the kinks will get sorted out eventually... and then I will switch:-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881

    #STAYSAFE

    ReplyDelete