Wednesday, July 1, 2020

I like Thursdays July 2

Greetings!

The insert image icon still doesn’t work on new Blogger nor can I save a post - so I’m using the old Blogger.  Very frustrating and I don’t know at this point how I’ll blog in the future once they change over.

Arizona is still one of the worst states with COVID-19.  We had 4800+ new cases yesterday in addition to the 30,000 in 2 weeks.  The governor   revised the rules again to close gyms, bars and tubing down the river. He refuses to shut us down or mandate masks. Luckily, the mayors have mandated masks and cancelled all Independence Day events.  The hospitals are full in ICU or over 90%. This is crazy in a metro area of over 4 million. We’re also number 1state in fires for the U.S. Over half of the  state acreage has burned in the last few months.
Other than that, things are fine.

So, I’ve been painting and being creative! And,  finally went swimming at my son’s home. My daughter and I call it The Resort.  Lol.  Here’s a list of my likes for this week:


1. Swimming and lounging at my son’s home.




Thomas and mom on the left and my DIL on the right. I was the photographer. The hot tub is in the background. We were distancing and wore masks when inside. The only person not at home all the time during this virus is my daughter who is being as careful as possible.  Thomas sat on a huge step at the shallow end and played catch with my son at the other end of the pool.  Here he is anticipating getting wet, but he loved the day.


Here’s my son at the other end of the pool.  That’s a waterfall in the background that lights up at night.  Very cool.

Plus, my son and daughter in law made homemade pizza from scratch cooked on the “Green Egg “.
Best pizza ever.
The best part of that day was watching my son playing with his nephew which hasn’t happened before.  There’s always been too many people around or my son didn’t know Thomas’ limits due to his Cerebral Palsy.  They really enjoyed each other.


2.  My New “BLUE” painting

I made this while watching the news. Just sayin.  It’s very bizarre but fun.  Don’t worry, I’m still taking my meds.

3. A decrease in my car insurance monthly cost.  So, I don’t drive a hundred miles a week and the insurance company cut my rate due to the COVID 19.  Good.

4. My new LARGE mesh strainer. Somehow, my large (8 inch diameter)mesh strainer disappeared and I needed it for making cold brew coffee. ( yes, I went back to half and half coffee-one cup in the morning.). So, I ordered a new strainer from Amazon and obviously didn’t pay attention to the dimensions.

The mesh is 10 inch diameter but the whole thing is16 inches long!  commercial grade.  I told my daughter she’ll inherit it and will never need another one!  Haha

5.  Making a Jul 4th card for Thomas.  He still loves getting real mail.





On that happy note, I will call it a day in posting.  Thanks to LeeAnna for keeping us together in likes.  Please join us for more at Not Afraid of Color for more fun.

I pray you are all healthy and happy.
Take care and thank you for being here!!!

P.S.  here’s the schedule for July Christmas movies on the 2 Hallmark channels:
https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/entertainment/a32962220/hallmark-christmas-in-july-2020-movies-schedule/

Now you know what I’ll be doing all month.




      

                                           Have a great 4th!


Mary🤗

9 comments:

  1. Have a safe and happy Fourth of July, Mary. You and your family are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.M.G. Your governor... Now, pretty pool! I LOVE LOVE your painting... very 1960's and right up my alley. I keep going back to look at it. I'm surprised you could make something of beauty watching news... I'd have little gnawed bits of warped paper in a pile... lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary! I just LOVE seeing all your peeps having fun in the pool. It looks so refreshing and I'm beyond thrilled that Thomas gets to cool off as well. Just seeing this spiffy backyard makes me want to put in a pool in mine. Ahh, that would feel so nice right about now. Happy 4th to you and yours. There's no way to force people to use common sense and your state seems to be ample proof of that. Stay safe. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pool looks so inviting, Mary! I'm glad you're able to spend time with your family during this crazy time. Arizona is a big worry to me, too. I know you'll stay safe, though! I'm so sorry the new Blogger format is giving you trouble. What kind of computer or device do you blog on?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every time I hear of Arizona's numbers, I think of you and hope you are well. The pool looks inviting. I like your blue painting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow hate to hear your numbers, but then all I can think of is that Michigan was #2 for the longest time and we have fallen to 10th place. Definitely not a list you want to be at the top of. Love the resort and time for everyone to unwind and play.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are the only person I know in AZ, so I think of you every time I read the COVID numbers there. I know you are playing it safe, but it's still so scary. How wonderful that your son has made a connection with Thomas. Hopefully it will continue to the benefit of both of them. We're going to have a heat wave next week of at least 5 days in the 90's. I know that's a cool spell for you, but it's unusual here. Also very dry, so I have to water the annuals every day to keep them going. Happy Fourth!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely photo share. In my mind I can hear the laughter.
    My heart hurts reading the numbers and thinking of all these people and how many more thousands are going to die. Please continue to stay home, stay safe and mask up if you have to be around people

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry you are having bugs with the new Blogger. I think they say you can stay with this heritage (like us, LOL) format if you want to.
    What a great spot your son has with that stunning pool area. How nice for all of you to get together and enjoy the day like that.
    I actually think your painting is wonderful. The colours together are beautiful. Good for you to keep doing your happy hobbies.
    Meanwhile all those numbers are devastating. But I'm so happy you are staying safe yourself.

    ReplyDelete