Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Things I like Thursdays jul 23

Greetings!

Obviously, we are still at home all the time, so I’m either  cooking, cleaning or painting.  Sometimes I go out to do a pick up at the grocery store or pharmacy. But I can still spend money like the rest of ‘em.  I’m keeping AMAZON in business and recently checked out Etsy.  Oh dear-  what a lot of lovely things they have.  

But I do have some likes from this week to share with you thanks to Lee Anna’s group and guidance to better things:

1. RAIN IN THE FORECAST. We are all getting excited. Hopefully today. Unfortunately, it means lots of dust storms, too.  But, my poor air conditioner has been running 24/7so it needs a rest after 20 days or more of 110 degrees.


6:30 AM PROMISING.



2.  Cold faucet water.  ( see number one above). In June, July or August, we do not have cold water out of the faucet.  At least in most homes in the area.  In this home I’m in, the cold water is so hot that it’s almost impossible to take a shower.  So, when the monsoon season starts, the ground water cools down.  Hence, nice cool showers again, laundry that doesn’t shrink from the hot water,  plants don’t need ice cubes on them, etc. As I always say, it’s the little things.

3.  Spending the day with my daughter.  We have such fun together and Saturday she brought Thomas with her At 8:30 am and spent the entire day. That just never happens.    I made breakfast and lunch for us all.  She brought all the stuff needed for us to do pedicures in the living room,  watching Christmas movies while  Thomas played on his tablet.  While  he was taking his nap, we researched supplies online for our Christmas projects and she snuck out and picked them up.  We accomplished a lot that day but took our time , ate well and had fun.

4. My “Splattered” painting 


This was scary and fun at the same time.  Thanks to Ellen Crimi for the tutorial on applying paint by tapping the brush all over with another brush.

5.  My new porcelain palette 



 
I love it.  It’s heavy but has lots of spaces for different colors and mixing.  The plastic palettes I have move around when I’m tryin to get the paint and paper plates dry out too fast.  This purchase took hours of researching online!! I’m glad I stuck it out. 

6. My new painting journal

Each page is  about 5 x 7 with high quality paper for watercolors.  Do you sense a theme here?  I’ve spent a few hours shopping for art supplies. After painting a bit, I realize there might be some things I should get to make the process easier or just because.  Lol. I’m also trying to figure out how I want to display my paintings.  Haha. I just like looking at them.  It’s like quilting- my current one is my favorite. I’ve purchased some mats and backings for the paintings so I’ll share them next week if I get them put together. 


7.  This quote from Dr Peter Marshall , the former chaplain of the U.S. Congress:
May we think of Freedom not as the right to do as we please, but as the opportunity to do what is right. 

I wish I could put that in large letters all over my car or on a building but someone would probably take me out.

On that happy note, I will say “so long, farewell, auf wiedershen, good night”
(Thinking about Sound of Music)
I hope you are all safe and sound!
Take care
Mary



12 comments:

  1. I’m glad is finally a respite from the heat for you. I dislike running the AC all the time. Luckily we don’t have to. Our night cool off. Looking forward to seeing your painting. The spatter one is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it is hot there and I've never heard of that issue with cold water running hot. Here with the outside hose, the standing water gets hot but after a minute of running it is all cold again. But never inside the house. I do hope you got the rain. We have had showers every day this week but sunny and pleasant in between...however another heat warning for the weekend. YOur day with daughter sounds awesome and your new palette looks wonderful. Keep up your pursuits,Mary, and enjoy it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. first of all, I LOVE that quote, and I must think about it now twice a day at least. I had no idea the temps effected the water like that!!! 110 is almost enough to cook a person! and Jocelyn is right how do you water the plants? Here's to some rain for you! It rained here yesterday afternoon... your painting and supplies are great! I have a small ceramic palette but use it more for beading than painting... your splatter piece is so good. Impressionistic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your splatter painting, Mary! It does look a little unnerving to give that technique a try, but I think it worked! I'm glad you're enjoying painting so much right now. Sounds lovely to spend that day with your daughter and Thomas, too. Hope you did get some rain and that cooled things down a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary! I am definitely humming along . . . so long, farewell. It's a nice little song to have stuck in your brain for a bit. Thanks for passing that on! HAHA! Yes, I can spend money with the best of them, too. Amazon has had to hire more employees here - we have a distribution center nearby. I figure we're doing out part to keep the economy going and people off of unemployment. I'd glad you are upping your game on your painting supplies. You enjoy it so much and I LOVE that splatter piece! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of good painting stuff. I love your splatter painting. Heh... Etsy can be tempting! I complain that it takes so long for my hot water to come up - never considered that you can't get cold water! That's nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great likes and love your painting! No fun having hot water come out of the tap, hope things cool off for you soon! Great quote and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll second everyone else and say that your splatter painting is delightful. Always good to try new techniques. Plus your porcelain palette will serve you well. I think it was Leanna who mentioned once that she had been advised to purchase the best quality supplies she could afford. Certainly true of fabric for quilting. So nice that you got to spend the day with your daughter and Thomas. Look on the bright side with the cold water situation. At least you are saving money on running the hot water heater. Hope you did get some rain.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for a visit with your daughter and Thomas, and some "normal". Too many hot days in a row for me. You know if God was fair fat people would melt in the heat. Like a stick of butter. :D Love your spatter painting. How fun to find nice tools to work with for your art.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your watercolor painting!!! It is beautiful.
    Growing up in India, I am well aware of the hot water from the taps in the summer. All homes had buckets and we'd fill them with water that would be cooler than that from the taps. A bucket bath is the norm. A shower is a luxury.
    Hope you are staying cool and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881

    #STAYSAFE

    ReplyDelete