Wednesday, July 8, 2020

I Like Thursdays Jul 9


Greetings!

I’m trying this post in the new Blogger because I think I figured out some  of my problems.  Google Chrome was blocking inserting of photos and links.  So, I switched to Safari, USED COPY AND PASTE,  and my test worked.  here we go.
We make a list of likes every week with our host Lee Anna so please join us for more likes at https://lapaylor.blogspot.com/ (You may have to copy and paste this URL)

Here’s a list of my likes this week:


1.  Christmas cakes photo on Facebook





These make me happy especially the last one.

2.  Fantasy Christmas photo




I need to be there NOW.  I belong to a Christmas group on Facebook, so these things keep me cool in 115 degrees ALL WEEK.

3. THE TUBE.  My new coffee filter for cold brew;







It fits in any wide mouth mason jar.  I got it at Amazon.  I love it.  So much easier than doing the cheesecloth thing.

4.  My blue trees painting



I’m only showing this so you can see how too much water buckled the paper.  I tried to paint a page from my drawing journal( wrong type of paper for painting).  It’s still kinda pretty tho.


5.  My current favorite book





Unfortunately, I spent many nights up late not wanting to put this down.  I was already a fan of James Patterson and you add President Clinton—I’m in.  Loved the writing and the story.  I believe I need to thank Colette for the recommend.?  Sorry, I forgot who in our “likes” group recommended this.

6.  HAMILTON, the movie.




I could go on for days ( and I have) talking about seeing this musical on Disney+ at my daughter’s house on Saturday.  BEST. MUSICAL. EVER. This musical is in a category of it’s own.  The genius of Lin Manuel Miranda is unbelievable in the writing, the score and his performance.  
After reading a biography of Alexander Hamilton , Mr Miranda wrote a musical in —hip-hop— depicting Hamilton’s  life which was interesting and incredible as  one of our forefathers. I am not a fan of rap music but evidently I am now a fan of hip- hop because  I can understand the words.   However, the performances of everyone are outstanding as well Which makes a big difference.  
  I can’t wait till this movie comes out on DVD because it is the actual play on Broadway and I want to watch it again.

7.My doctors and insurance availability for telemedicine- just had my lung tests in person yesterday and doctor visit later in the day electronically, so all is good.  

As you can see, I’ve been keeping busy so as not to worry about our state which is the worst state in the country for dealing with Covid19.   We have an idiot for a governor.  
Most parents (78%) who were surveyed here will not allow their kids to return to school in person in the fall  because of what is happening here.  It just isn’t safe and no one will spend the money or risk the wrath of Trump to make it safe.  It’s so sad because we were already the worst state for children’s education, and now this.  Kids in our families are staying home.  Unfortunately, this means a serious decrease in family income but the kid‘s safety ( and we grandparents) are more important.  We opened our state too early and now are paying for it in many ways. 

 Sorry, I went off on a tangent, but this is affecting all of us.

Anyway, keeping busy is tantamount to surviving without losing our cool, so I’ll keep painting and maybe even sew again this coming week.

I hope all of you are safe and sound.  Please take care and thank you so much for stopping by.  I love your comments..
Mary

I used the new Blogger for the entire blog and it took twice as long to finish but it worked, I think.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Mary! I like this week's likes! So sorry your state is so upside down right now. I wish you had as good as a governor as we do in PA. Keeping the kids home is the way to go. Stay safe and my prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary! The Tube! Well, that looks like it works well. How did you like using it? It looks pretty darn spiffy. I've never made any cold brew - my coffee regularly gets cold but I still enjoy and drink it. Your blue trees painting is lovely! I am so glad you found your way to this hobby as I think you are good at it. AND, most importantly, you enjoy it. I love Patterson (and Clinton, too, for that matter). I have this on my list at the library. I am so worried about school this Fall. Just think of keeping everyone safe just entering the building. Staggered drop-off and pick-ups have to be made mandatory. No moving of classrooms has to be the new norm - no gathering at a locker. I can't believe that the lower grades can possibly learn well online. Listening skills, raising your hand, and general socialization is necessary. Arizona is not alone with opening too quickly. And why does the president get to decide what's best for education?? I guess he'll just sign another executive order to make it so. Egad. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post! We watched Hamilton this week too! You’re a better gramma than me, couldn’t get all the words, but loved it just the same. I’ll watch it again, now I want to read Ron Chernow’s book! I have family in Phoenix area, and am so worried. I just have to trust that they are doing all the right things, as best they can,

    ReplyDelete
  4. One would think that if Google controls both chrome and blogger, that they'd work together! I suspected the problem was your browser - I'm glad you figured it out! I love filters like that. Ah the love/hate relationship with a good book: love to read it, get grouchy for the lack of sleep. LOL. Hamilton - I'll see it one of these days... And for where you are...I'm sorry you're facing such a bad case of covid. The numbers are crazy. Stay safe! Hope things get under control soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post worked, Mary! And the link to LeeAnna is live, too. I am worried about about my mom, too, over there in Mesa. She isn't exposed to too many people, but I hope she can stay safe. I really enjoyed The President is Missing, too! A good page turner. I haven't seen Hamilton, but I sure would like to. Have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your rant is certainly justifiable. One wonders how so many people still see COVID-19 as a hoax. I see today that the case numbers in Tulsa are now soaring two weeks after the rally. Why is anyone surprised?
    It does seem odd that if both Blogger and Chrome are Google products, they don't seem to want to work together.
    We're continuing with our heat wave, but we did get an inch of rain in a thunderstorm yesterday, so the gardens are re-hydrated a bit.
    Keep staying safe. Glad you had a positive medical report.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm ticked off that your very populated state, and governor won't just stand up to he who must not be named. Other republican gov's are standing up for their citizens not for him. Another year of not being educated... it was all unnecessary if we'd had leadership that shut it down from the start. Have you tried using the legacy blogger? That's what I'm going to do fingers crossed. I painted on sketchbook this week and have buckling too. You can do it but have to use very little water. It's sure a lovely picture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary, an enjoyable read for me this morning. Sometimes switching which browser can fix a problem but happy you are conquering new blogger! When I took a watercolour course ions ago, we would temper the paper by painting it with a little water and allowing it to dry. Then it could hold watercolours better.I have no idea if that would work for your paper or not. Kudos for keeping up with your creative hobbies and reading too. I've gotten lazy and do the audibles mostly. Wow it is hot there and here too for us...hovering around 90 your temperature every day. Meanwhile, I'm so glad you are sensible and staying safe. It's crazy out there! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Hamilton! I was one who got to see it in Chicago a couple of years ago and I'm super excited to watch it again (up close) on TV! The music is so fantastic! And I love that Christmas fantasy painting. So very Christmasy without being red and green and really just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your painting and probably would enjoy that book! Thanks for sharing some of your favs! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete