Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Things I like Thursdays Jul 16

Greetings!

Where do I start? 115 degrees again today, Corona virus numbers in our area are way worse and I had a UTI for fun.

However, the antibiotics worked , I have a great air conditioner, lots of craft supplies and everyone is still healthy. And, I’m eating vanilla ice cream which is my favorite food. 
Guess that’s a win for today.

I also have some other likes to share with you;

1.  My new Handy Opener.  I saw it on tv but purchased it on Amazon.





 My thumbs don’t work or are very painful so I have trouble opening many items. Your hand goes around the bottom grips and you line up the metal clips to open seals on jars, applesauce or pudding cups, Coffee Creamer seals, etc.It has helped me so much.  It also works to open sealed bags.  Many times I have to cut off the sealed part of the bag and use a clip to close it.  The opener is very inexpensive. Like $9.
It’s called Totoone 6 in 1 multi opener on Amazon.

2.  Thomas helping with chores



The second one is helping Gramma water her plants.  The first photo is him feeling very proud for helping mom shred junk mail in the shredder(very carefully).
He is just now starting to help around the house.  Contrary to most teenagers. LOL. We all work to get him to be more independent but it takes time in a wheelchair and one working arm/hand.  He has 5 therapists that help him (now online due to the corona virus) with his needs Yes, we are very fortunate.

3. My “purple and orange” painting



I usually wouldn’t put these colors together but I kinda  like it .  The tutorial is from.Ellen Crimi.

4.  Artichoke Potato  soup.  Ok, wasn’t expecting that, were you?


I had a can of artichoke hearts in thee pantry over a year  and 2 large potatoes in the fridge taking up room, so I looked online and sure enough there was a recipe for soup in  the crock pot.  Very easy.  Just chop everything small, added dehydrated onions, 4 c chicken broth,  lots of black pepper and 3 bay leaves.  Also added some turmeric for kick ( and joint pain).  Cooked in slow cooker on low for 8 hours then splurged through the blender.  Returned it all to the slow cooker, added a little milk (no cream on hand). And voila!  Supper.  Really different and good.  I made too much so I sent some to the freezer:



I was so happy to use things up and make something different.  I tweaked the recipe to my liking.
Now if I only had some fresh French bread.  MMMM


5.  An easy Christmas craft.  In the summer, my daughter and I like to pick a Christmas craft to make when we are lazy due to the heat.  Here’s what I found for this year on Facebook:


It’s so cute!! An old picture frame, 3 ornaments, 2 ribbons.  I think I would like a series of 3 on the hallway wall.  What do you think?


 6. This ancient painter’s palette from Egypt



This was also on Facebook from Bored Panda Art, The Metropolitan Museum of Art. VERY cool.
Check out the turquoise paint still there.  

Ok peeps, I’m tired and need to go to bed.  This was a fun post- hope you enjoyed it.  Please join us at Lee Anna’s for more likes: Not Afraid of Color.  Thanks for dropping by.

Stay healthy, wear a mask.
Mary

12 comments:

  1. Hi Mary! 115!! Holy cow. That is beyond h.o.t. How nice that Thomas is able to help around the house a bit. I have some shredding and plants to water if he wants to head this way! That opener looks pretty darn nifty. They seem to have come up with a lot of handy gadgets lately. Your painting looks wonderful - those two colors share red so I can see where they would go together - aren't they tertiary colors? That ancient painter's palette is really cool!! As is your Christmas craft - I think three would be the perfect amount. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your post today! I like the purple and orange flowers! I made potato soup last week too! Not with artichokes, I don’t keep them in my pantry. But just the old fashioned kind. Didn’t have cream either, added the lady of the milk and a half cup of white gravy, leftover from and biscuits and gravy supper. It was good. Have a happy, healthy week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Mary! Great likes! I enjoyed hearing about your soup! It looks amazing! I love your painting and I love your Christmas craft project. Waving hi to Thomas! Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool list! That ancient palette is so cool! And how awesome that Thomas is able to help out! Your potato artichoke soup sounds delicious; I love artichokes and potato soup, maybe I'll add it to my list! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to keep up the positive thinking, Mary, and sounds like you are! Ice cream sounded good to us, too, this week. That opener looks really helpful - I might check that out for my mom. She has trouble opening things, too. Love your photos of Thomas and his chores, and your painting is great! Stay cool! 🥵

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your painting and the antique palette...how amazing! How great that Thomas is such a good helper. And tell him we like that he posed for the camera so that we can say 'Atta Boy' to him for the good work he does! (Southern for GOOD JOB! heehee) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so hot there! Love the soup idea, and those ingredients. Now you have a quick meal already done. (I might have just kept eating it til it was all gone!) your painting is so so so good. The colors and the shadows are so sophisticated... nice Christmas idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great opener. I really like your painting. And the Christmas crafts are really cool looking! The antique palette - how cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great likes and glad you are feeling better. Love the painting. Yay for Thomas helping. I think I am so fortunate to have kiddos that help all the time. It is how we keep stuff moving around here. Love the Christmas craft, and the ancient palette is too cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Mary,
    My husband bought me that jar opener for Christmas and it does work great. I didn't know about using it for sealed tops on plastic cups, so I'll check that out.
    Your flower painting is perfect. Purple and orange work fine together. I'd even throw in a little lime green in the leaves.
    Sorry, you are so hot there. We had much needed rain today and the temps went down to the mid-70's which was refreshing.
    Hope you are recovered from the UTI. Stay safe and keep cool.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. We were having extreme heat here in LV, but it's down to 108 degrees now. LOL Still so hot! That opener looks like something I need. Sometimes those lids are so hard to peel back. So many things to like in your post...thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881

    #STAYSAFE

    ReplyDelete