Wednesday, June 24, 2020

I Like Thursdays Jun 25

Greetings!

I’m trying again on the new Blogger so bear with me.

We are melting here but are not sick with the virus so life is ok.

Here’s a list of my “likes” for this week:

1. Two-yes two - double yolks when I was baking:

,

Pretty cool.


2.  My sausage and tomatoes  quiche.


I love making quiches. Eggs,  cheese, veggies. So easy.

3.  House Hunter’s -Comedians on theCouch-  on HGTV.  The comedians say what we’ve been thinking all these years while buyers go thru the homes.  We think they are funny shows.

4.  My current read

I really enjoy this author’s books.  This one is kinda crazy with a British sense of humor.  A view into a young woman’s life with roommates living in London in the 90’s. 

At this point in the blog, I had to switch to the old blogger.  Here’s what I experienced : I wrote the above portion with copied photos from my albums, on one day and saved it.  The next day, the photos were replaced with an empty square that said “image”.   I tried all I could to fix it (and wasted a lot of time).  I had to revert to the old Blogger in order to insert my photos again just using the box in the toolbar above and going to my photos.

 Does anyone know how to insert photos on the new Blogger?  I clicked on the box with a mountain in it on the tool bar but nothing happened. This is frustrating.


5.  Starting a quilt.  I wanted to use up stash-it’s really been bothering me that there’s so much fabric here not being used.  So, I went to the first container and pulled out an 11 fat quarters bundle from 2014 via Cotton and Steele. It’s Tokyo Train Ride by Sarah Watts.  It was not what I expected when it arrived and so it just sat all these years.  It kinda ruined me for buying bundles especially now on a limited budget.  I cut (42) 8 inch squares and stitched them together .


I sewed the left overs down the middle of the backing so there wasn’t any waste.  Here’s a close up
of some of the blocks:




As you can see some of the prints are crooked.  Plus , I don’t understand why it has cats and dogs prints.   The quality of the fabric was outstanding but not the designs.  I will make it a summer quilt with no filler.  It’s about 48 x 58.  So I did use up some stash and so far about 5 hours of my time.  It will be a charity quilt.

Time to sign off but I hope you join us at Lee Anna’s site:Not Afraid of Color. For more “likes”.

Have a fun day and stay safe.
Mary

8 comments:

  1. I am still using the old system but now I have to do photos one at a time, I used to pile up the ones I wanted to use. I do not understand all of the changes, and it says you can use legacy system. I don't know how to do that.
    The fabric prints are really interesting but the color is not me... I'd be disappointed too. The quilt is great, you used every inch of it, yea for you! BTW the yellow brick road pattern uses just about all of a fat quarter too and is fun to make. The quiche looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you're having trouble with Blogger. The mountain icon has worked for me - I get a box that allows me to choose where to get the photo from and I choose the Google Photos icon from that. Keep trying! Those double yolks in two eggs in a row are a hoot! Someone will love that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow those yolks! That quiche looks delicious. I also get a little box that lets me choose where the photos are coming from. You're not even getting that popup box? It may be browser related? what browser are you using? How frustrating! I'm sorry you're having issues with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My chickens hardly ever lay double yolkers. The quiche looks yummy. I agree with Sally, I think it may be that you are not getting the pop up where you can choose. Yay for using up stash. Interesting fabric. I understand the cats the good luck one that waves a paw. Keep cool

    ReplyDelete
  5. So far I’m able to upload photos with the mountain icon. I’m holding my breath that this keeps working. Are there any YouTube videos with the new platform explained? I’ll have a look and let you know.
    Great quilt, Mary and wonderful way to use your stash. I love quiche!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had that problem with fabric and the print being wonky as well. It is really annoying! I love that you are using up stash and the quilt will be a nice donation for someone! Tried the new blogger and reverted back, it is a bit annoying. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary! I'm sorry you are frustrated with the new blogger format. I'm sorry I can't offer any help but I sure hope you get it figured out. I'm also sorry you didn't love the fabric bundle you are using up. They are expensive but a nice way to have a bunch of different prints that coordinate well. I think your quilt top looks great, although I do wonder about the cat and dog print being included. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tha blanket and sauce is great . I liked your blog . Stay safe

    ReplyDelete