Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Things I like Thursdays Sept 27

Greetings!

Hope everyone is having a good week!  Here are a few things making me happy:

1. Walking in the early mornings again.  It's been almost 6 months, due to the heat and a little thing called breathing.  Hee Hee .  Here are a few photos on my walk at 6 A.M.(ish):



The first photo is one where the owner used shiny blue rocks for a little river running thru her plants/animals.  The middle photo can only be described as "only in Arizona". The owner stuck fake plastic flowers (and butterflies)to the cactus. The last one is my view on my walk=tar, cement, rocks. A few trees. It's about 78 degrees when I walk but the humidity today was 47%. Unbelievable and bad for my breathing.  I'm still able to do a mile in 15 minutes which works for me.  I just wish I had a greener view.


2.  My daughter's new library book bag.  She likes to read real books, not on her tablet and so she checks out 3-4 at the library but was using a grocery bag for carrying.  I had some Kaffe Fassett Cool 2016 Jelly Roll strips and sewed them together for the bag.  I used some iron-on interfacing for body, quilted that piece and added a  scrap piece of turquoise Moda Grunge for the lining. I used batting scraps inside the straps.
She and I both love this bag-it's about 16 x 12.

3. Fall Shows on the television.  I cannot handle the daily news as I used to - it's disgusting . So, we are happy to have the returning entertainment- The Voice, The Resident, This is Us, etc.  But, some of the new shows also look interesting. I'll let you know.

I'm in the middle of making quilts for the Florence victims, so I don't have much free time these days. I'll post them when they are done. I feel so bad for the people of the Carolinas who are flooding still or it is yet to come.

Join us for Lee Anna's weekly likes at:Not Afraid of Color.  Enjoy your day and stay safe.
mary😊




8 comments:

  1. I love the Library bag. I use a store bought fabric bag to carry my books. I am with you...no more news....I haven't watched TV news in years. Good luck with you comfort sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're getting out walk in the cooler mornings, Mary! That's a great library bag you made for your daughter. I've been thinking about making something like that for my trips to the library. We've pretty much stopped watching the news at our house, too. We watch a lot of shows on Netflix, with the added bonus of no commercials! Happy Thursday, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I desperately need to get in my morning walk routine. I'm so glad you found yours! I love that book bag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary! Beautiful library bag. I was a frequent guest, weekly with my sister when I was young. She would have loved it if I had made her a library bag. Alas, I didn't have this skill set then. Your walk route does look a bit sparse for the green. I should take some shots around my hood. Happy Thursday to you! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm back watching dancing with the stars, survivor, This is Us. Yea! I watched a couple new ones, kind of meh... but there's hope for some others starting soon. The Durells come back Sunday night on PBS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee Anna. I haven't watched The Durells. What's it about?

      Delete
  6. You are so good, Mary, to make those charity quilts. Kudos! And I'm envious of that gorgeous bag. We all want one, :). We don't have cable so a lot of the madness is missing us. But it means I don't get to see those shows other than the odd one on youtube. Keep on walking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind thoughts. Someimes, the PBS shows are online at pbs.org. Enjoy!

      Delete