Wednesday, September 19, 2018

I like Thursdays Sept 20

Greetings!

Hope everyone is safe and sound.  I only have a few likes this week as it's been an extremely busy week  with my brother so here goes;


1.  Fall Dining decorations.  this means we will have temps under 100 soon, right?:


Fall is my favorite season because we will finally cool off in October or November. The table topper and place mats are from last year but I wanted a plain orange tablecloth this time and couldn't find one. So, I went to Joann's and paid $9 for three yards of broadcloth! Score. Love those coupons.  I split it in half, hemmed and done.  The matching Fall quilt on the wall I made for the summer cause it has bicycles on it.

2.  Pumpkin pie in a mug. last week I shared the link and I finally  made it. It makes 2 mugs which we liked with some fresh made whipped cream. Very easy.



3. Front yard fall decor.  Are you sensing a theme here? While at Joann's I picked up some fake flowers for the front yard.  I don't usually use those but I'm so tired of plants dying from this heat.
I just added them to my Lavender and Vinca real plants in the area under a window. I like driving up to the house and seeing some kind of decoration.

4. The Miniaturist on PBS Masterpiece. I love these British shows. It just started this month. In 1600's a  young woman is married (forced to back in the day) to a wealthy man in Amsterdam. The husband gives her a large doll house which is furnished by a miniaturist but the creations reflect what is really going on in the house .  I love the period, costumes and story.
If it isn't, it should be rated R for content.I hope you can check it out.

Please join us for more likes at Lee Anna's postNot Afraid of Color

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
mary

9 comments:

  1. Hi, Mary! I was coming to your blog to check out last week's post about the pumpkin pie in a mug and found this week's post! I tried it, too, although I think I used a different recipe. It is good! It's fun to experiment with these kinds of recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fall! And your vignettes are looking so pretty. I like that leaf quilt, little marching leaves! Haven't tried the pie in a cup yet but will! Need to remember to buy pumpkin. Got to check out the miniaturist for sure, sounds right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lee Anna for the kind thoughts. I try to keep cans of pumpkin and artichoke hearts in the pantry for a change of pace during the year, not just for Thanksgiving. Have a great weekend! mary

      Delete
  3. Hi Mary! I see that PBS show is based on a book. Hmm, I might have to add that to my to-read list. Your lavender and vinca seem to be quite happy in spite of the heat. I sure hope the temperatures drop soon for the entire country. Good grief it has been especially hot this summer. Your table looks nice and Fall-ish! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah. Fall decorations. They're my favorite. We're halfway through the Miniaturist. Liked it so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to decorate for the Seasons too. Your Fall décor is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been thinking of fall decorations and liked seeing yours! You have me inspired now and I'll have to go find some autumn like things for the house. I really LOVE your autumn fall wall hanging! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fall is my favorite season too! Getting out the fall decorations is on my list for this weekend too- We'll see how far I get. I'm not sure what/how much I want to put out this year, but some for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary, we finally got a Walmart mastercard because we too buy so much there. I really like your rug and I've bought muslin there for a good price for backing little projects. Cake in a mug is a great idea but Hubby would want more!I will note the Miniaturist for the future...we don't have PBS but this is just the kind of viewing we enjoy too. Thanks for great posts!

    ReplyDelete