Monday, September 3, 2018

HAPPY LABOR DAY

Isn't that a misnomer?

Why would we celebrate a day of work? Hmmm.

Originally, this day was designed to unify union workers and reduce work time from 70 hours a week!  It worked, but unfortunately, people still want to shop on this day so retail staff work even harder. We are a crazy mixed up country.

In honor of Labor Day, I'm gonna leave my monthly contribution at Walmart  this morning for groceries then probably sew the rest of the day while watching movies.  Gotta stay indoors cause it'll still be over 100.

I remember when I was young this was the last big holiday before school started here in Az. We spent the day with our family eating and playing.
 Now,  they have those poor kids starting school in early August when the temps are still 110! That's just wrong for everyone. Families still get together today for that last good ear of corn or tasty watermelon but here we have to eat indoors.  Kinda ruins the whole "picnic" idea.

While  I worked in the auto dealership business over 20 years, I usually worked this day to get the previous month's accounting complete; as my daughter needs to do today, also.

Thank you retailers and many other people who are working today. We do appreciate you.
Hope everyone gets to enjoy some down time and that watermelon.
mary



No comments:

Post a Comment