Thursday, September 13, 2018

Things I like Thursdays Sept 13

Greetings!

In spite of the devastating hurricanes hitting our country both literally on the ground and by the White House today, I will try and focus on things I like this week:

1. Walmart quilting fabric.  I was at Walmart and "accidentally" walked down the small craft aisle and saw this:
I couldn't believe it- there were lots of solid colors in 2 yard cuts for $4.50!  I have used their fabric before which was fine.  I don't really need more but a navy solid can be used for sashing or binding so I grabbed one. I will wash it before cutting due to the color.  SCORE

2. Microwave Pumpkin Pie.  This came across my phone late last night and I will try it today:

I like mug cakes- but a pie- I am so in on this one.  Can you imagine the smell in my house later today?  Just sayin.


3.  New Living Room rug. I have tried not to purchase any new home furnishings since we down graded to this rental three years ago - so that my kids won't have to deal with so much when I'm gone years from now. We really don't need much for the home since it's just my brother and I or to replace things which are not that old and are in good condition.  But, the living room rug in front of the sofas was needing to be replaced. I didn't want to purchase anything so large (6 x 7 feet) online even tho there are some beautiful, affordable choices because I wouldn't know precisely when it would be delivered and didn't want it delivered  outside. 
I visited several furniture stores but couldn't find what I wanted till I was at Walmart (once again):
Here is what we got:
I love it-and we were able to fit it in my SUV to take home.  I'm impressed with the quality and plush of the rug and I believe the brand was Better Homes and Garden- the trash was already taken out so I lost the label.before writing this blog.  There is a whole aisle of rugs in many sizes, colors and designs at our local Walmart. I was shocked to learn (in person) that Penneys and Macy's don't provide rugs in their stores. Living Spaces did not have any designs I liked and were way over priced for my needs. So, there you go- Walmart won again.


I pray that any of you readers in the path of these hurricanes are safe and I can't imagine the worry you must be experiencing for your homes and livelihood after these storms pass. We are praying for you.

Stay safe.

Tomorrow I will post the info I received for any quilters who want to help in the recovery process by providing quilts to the affected areas.

mary


11 comments:

  1. I am headed to WM today so I NEED to check out the fabric section and I am desperate for a new rug in my living room! And pumpkin pie in a mug!!! Had to google a recipe so I can have my favorite pie. Is that a good thing to know about??? I'm not sure. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty rug, and the idea of pumpkin in a microwave is fab. Gotta look for the recipe right now. As I'm reading I'm listening to that album by Sting. I'd never heard it, love old songs, and his renditioin. Glad to meet another Sting lover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your rug! What a pretty pattern and it looks very soft! You'll have to let us know how the microwave pumpkin pie turns out. I love pumpkin bread and cakes and cookies, but something about pumpkin pie texture has never been my favorite thing.... Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will. Now i'm curious about some type of other pie as well but i don't think a real crust would be possible. Hmmmm

      Delete
  4. I have had fun making desserts in a mug, so I'll try that one, too! I love your new rug, too. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diann. Let me know what you think on the pie. if that works, there might be other pies. heehee

      Delete
  5. Hi Mary! Thank rug looks just great with your couches. And TWO YARDS of navy fabric for $4.50!!! Holy moly. That will get me into Walmart, just to look to see if our local store has any. Waverly is a good brand for fabric as far as I know. Great score!! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know- I was so surprised. I probably should have bought other colors but couldn't think clearly. LOL

      Delete
  6. Mug cakes are so dangerous! They're too easy to make at any time! Mug pie sounds good. I can see why you love that rug.

    ReplyDelete