Thursday, June 11, 2020

Things I like Thursdays June 11

Greetings!

I’m trying to be positive by not watching the news.  Don’t worry, I’m sure it’s only temporary but my brain and heart need a break.  So, here’s what’s making me happy:

1.  Chocolate cake with Oreo cookie icing.  We celebrated Thomas’ 16th birthday last weekend.  Just the 4 of Us- 6 feet apart in their living room.  It was sweet.  He and his parents have been watching “The Last Dance”.  It’s a story with videos About Michael Jordan and his journey.  Since then, Thomas is obsessed with Michael Jordan.  But, I digress.  The feature was this cake:


My daughter made it.  It’s a boxed Cake  mix but the icing was made with cream cheese and crushed Oreos.  Sinful.

 2. Birthday greetings from the great grand girls Braylee and Kynslee.
Too freakin cute.

3.  A Dresden on my dresser.



I’ve had this dresser for 20 years and never noticed the Dresdens in the corners! Pretty cool.

4.  New pillowcases.  So, I needed some extra pillowcases and didn’t want to go out to buy any.  Of course, I have ample fabric to make some:
Here’s a pink one with Valentines border

And a tan flowery one with a tan border.
It was great to use up stash.  Whoever came up with the tutorial at MSQC should be given an award.  Their instructions for a pillowcase are so easy and quick.  It took me longer to pick out fabric.  LOL.

Well peeps, that’s about it for this week.  I pray you are healthy and safe.
Please join us at Lee Anna’s site for more “likes” at :Not Afraid of Color

Take care.
Mary

10 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that Arizona's COVID cases are spiking and glad you are keeping safe! Chocolate cake with oreo cookie icing sounds like heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary! Happy belated Birthday to Thomas. Sixteen already! That birthday cake does look sinfully good. How clever to add Oreos to the frosting. Your pillowcases are fab! I especially love the pink one - maybe someday I'll make some for Addison and us. I had to laugh right out loud about the Dresden on your dresser that you've had for 20 years. That sounds exactly like something I would do! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. That birthday cake definitely looks sinful! So glad you got to have a birthday party for Thomas, too. I've never tried making pillow cases like that, but you're making me want to. Love the wooden Dresden on your dresser, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh good, I wondered why I didn't see a post... just delayed!
    I didn't mention it but I felt very accomplished yesterday, making a chocolate sour cream cake by scratch. It's been a long time since I baked, now two things from scratch in one week. Those grands are so adorable. LOVE the pillowcases! Funny to see the dresden after all this time

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that cake! I'd sit and simply eat that frosting with a spoon. Yum! I really like the pillowcase with the tan flowers. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you got to help Thomas celebrate his milestone birthday. One of my grandsons turns 18 on July 2. Your pillowcases are very nice. I should make a couple more to use up some fabric stash. I see that the Covid cases are rising in AZ. I know you are being careful. I'm still not going anywhere but the grocery store, although I do have a doctor's appt on Monday. The store here are starting to open, but I'm going to wait awhile and see what happens. Have a good weekend.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Thomas! Thanks for the tip on the Missouri Star Company pillowcase tutorial--I didn't know they had one! We all need to take news breaks from time to time, it's actually healthy for us! Take care and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 16th to Thomas. That's a milestone. And that cake frosting sounds like a keeper. Love your pillowcases and how clever to sew them. Funny that we both mentioned Missouri Star this week...they are so great with a huge supply of tutorials. Enjoy your weekend now and hope it is not too hot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 16th Thomas. The cake looks yummy, and your pillowcase are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could eat the oreos and cream cheese without the cake and be oh my gosh! about it. Eating the chocolate cake with the icing, oh my gosh!!
    I think I'm going to make pillowcases now. :-)

    ReplyDelete