Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Things I like Thursdays June 18

Greetings!

WARNING: I am trying to use the new Blogger.

Here’s my list of likes for this week:

1. Making a Father’s Day card with Thomas last weekend.  Very fun.  I forgot to take photos.  Thomas stuck a Monster Jam Zombie sticker on the front of the card.  On the inside, he wrote Happy Farter’s Day.
Typical teenager. 

2.  New plant from my daughter

VINCAS!  So pretty.  It’s one of the few flowering plants that make it thru 110 degrees. Don’t you love the planter?



3. A clean Mammogram result.  My mom had breast cancer resulting in a mastectomy  so I have been diligent on getting a mammo for 30 years.



HERE IS WHERE I SWITCHED BACK TO REGULAR BLOGGER BECAUSE I COULDN’T FIGURE OUT HOW TO SAVE A POST OR INSERT A PHOTO.  UGH
Also- the help questions weren’t for the new Blogger. Really?


4. My current read

I like to read “fluff”- Not too serious or brain draining before I go to bed.  This book looks like that kind but I found it interesting.  Granted, I got the book for the cupcake.  A young woman escapes from the city life in England  to the country/seaside in England only to find her true, strong personality.  The descriptive countryside by the sea is so inviting.

That’s about all my likes for this week except the LGBTQ Supreme Court ruling for my gay friends.

Hope ya’ll are doing well.

Take care
Mary

8 comments:

  1. Love Thomas' sense of humor! That is a pretty plant - glad it can handle the heat. I'll have to tell my mom about that one. I love Jenny Colgan's books - she's written several that I've enjoyed. Hooray for your good mammo results, too! On the new Blogger, the "save" is an icon on the top toolbar that looks like an old-fashioned floppy disk. That's one thing I've learned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great likes! Congrats on great test results! Thomas' card made me laugh out loud! Enjoy the week! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a good test! Thomas'card made me giggle. Gorgeous flower. Don't feel bad I struggled with the new blogger last night too, just trying to find out how to start a post took me 1/2 an hour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huzzah for good test results! I love vincas. :-) Happy Farter's Day - dads everywhere would love that. LOL.

    I've gotten the hang of the new blogger (although, not thrilled with some of the stuff). If you want, we could go over it (especially if you have zoom).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you get a mammogram, Mary. I get one every two years even though it is debatable like all things these days it seems.
    I loved that father's day saying...had to smile.
    Keep at it with the new blogger...the icons are up on the right that you need for the most part and you'll figure them out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary! I DO indeed love the planter, and who knew that Vincas were so heat tolerant. They sure look pretty and welcoming. I agree with the great Supreme Court ruling. A small victory. I'm so glad you were able to help Thomas make a Father's Day card. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good news on your mammogram. Mine got canceled and they haven't called to reschedule yet,so I guess I should call them. After reading the comments, I had to go back and look at what Thomas wrote on the card. I totally missed his altered greeting. Glad you have a flower that will tolerate the heat. We're hot again and very dry, so the garden is wilting and the annuals I planted are struggling. Several blogger's have posted some tips on using the new blogger but I can't remember who since I don't blog. Good luck with it.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Jenny Colgan! I've read that book as well as a few others by her. She never disappoints! I'm getting used to the new blogger too. Not fun! So glad you had a good mammogram. I was glad with the Supreme Court ruling too!

    ReplyDelete