Wednesday, May 6, 2020

I like Thursdays May 7

Greetings! We’re still hanging in there.  Yes, it’s boring but AMAZON should be grateful I’m keeping them in business and the grocery store too.  Yes, I miss my pumpkin. ugh.

This week was a weird one- lots of reading and watching movies.  Not a lot of cooking due to the heat- 107 today.  Here’s a list of my likes for this week:

1. Thomas feeling better.  His chest X-ray came back clear but he still has the cough.  Dr says bronchitis can last 3 weeks.  It’s been 2. Ginger has started helping  with his inflammation of his bronchial tubes, and more new meds,too.

2.  Cucumber Crack.  Love the name.  I peeled a cucumber, shredded it and
put it in a dish towel to squeeze the moisture out.  Then I mixed the cukes with 4 oz softened cream cheese, dash of garlic and about a tablespoon of tarragon. (Basil or parsley could be substituted).


Refrigerate for an hour.

It is good on a slice of bread but really good on a slice of raw zucchini or any crudités.  I made up 4 sandwiches then cut them in fourths to use as snacks in the afternoon for a few days. Very easy, cool and great to have on hand instead of junk food.

3. My new can opener.  It’s the little things.

 


It’s a Kitchen Mama battery operated one.  It’s such fun.  You place It  on top of the can close to the edge, press the big button and it scoots around on its own.  Hysterical and a clean , safe cut.  I got it on Amazon.

4.  My birthday with my son.  We had a wonderful takeout Chinese lunch together (6 feet apart).  We talked for hours and had a great time.  He stayed and helped me set up my Amazon Prime free movies on the tv.   I was so excited.  We now watch them every night.

5. The movie, “I See You” with Helen Hunt and Jim Tunney.  A suspense thriller about a detective and his family during an investigation of a missing boy.  There are many twists and turns to keep your attention.

6.  MY NEW RUG!



I have been waiting for weeks for it to arrive. It’s exactly as advertised.  That’s my brother on the sofa. It’s not as orange as this looks in the photo- it’s more multicolored. Thank you Amazon.

7. My “Cotton Tree” painting for my daughter for Mother’s Day.



Delicate and sweet.  It’s a preframed canvas which was scary to paint on but love the result.  Thanks to CEECEE  CREATIONS  for inspiration of The Cotton Tree.

Happy Mother’s Day to all of you mothers and best wishes for good health to everyone.  Please join us at LeeAnna’s blog for more “ likes”: Not Afraid of Color

Have a wonderful day.

Mary

9 comments:

  1. Mary, that rug is gorgeous! Lots of pretty color for your living room. The cucumber crack sounds delicious - I'll have to try it. Love cucumbers! So glad to hear Thomas is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I painted a cotton tree too!!! pretty rug, good find! where did we get the 6 ft rule? we were trying to find the source and can't... I know around here with the ever present strong winds, that a virus could be carried for a long distance. I get it, for your spirit the visit with your son was priceless. My friend has to see her grand daughter thru windows... it's heartbreaking but real life isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, Happy Mother's Day Mary! I forgot to wish some of the others, darn it. I just LOVE your cotton tree. I am 100% certain your daughter will love it as well. The colors are so perfect - delicate and pretty. I'll bet Thomas is missing you as much as you miss him. What a wonderful birthday present your son gave you. Time together is just priceless. Your new rug is fab and it looks so nice with your couch and quilt on the wall. {{Hugs}} Enjoy the weekend and take care. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's Day! The cotton tree is fabulous, cucumber sandwiches huh? Love your new rug, the colors are gorgeous. Glad that Thomas is doing better. How fun to spend time with the son.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cotton tree is so pretty! That's quite a wild little can opener. Glad to hear that Thomas is feeling better. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your post but I am in a hurry to go look for that rug! WOW! That is the most beautiful rug I've ever seen! Fun to watch movies too. We ordered some DVDs but they haven't come in over a month. That's crazy! Take care! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of great things especially Thomas feeling better, Mary. Loved that you got to spend time with your son for your birthday. I have a can opener you have wind yourself and sometimes it does hurt my hand. I must look into this great gadget of yours. Thanks for the movie suggestion. Pretty painting for Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm running a few days behind. Phew, 107, that's unbelievable. We are having record setting cold for 4 days in a row. It actually snowed yesterday and that's depressing in May. Great likes this week. I may need to look into that can opener. Belated Happy Birthday and Happy Mother's Day.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much joy in one post, Mary. I wish a speedy recovery to Thomas (ginger has great medicinal properties), love your new rug and will definitely try the cucumber spread recipe. But your painting for your daughter is the absolute best!!! Stay safe and same, my friend.

    ReplyDelete