Wednesday, May 27, 2020

I like Thursdays May 28

Greetings!

I cannot believe it’s time again.  For someone who never leaves the house I sure seem busy.  I didn’t paint or sew either.  My brother went back to weekend visits with his girl friend this last weekend so I sat and watched prime movies all afternoon and evening Saturday!  Sunday I cleaned all the floors and did laundry. Monday I cooked . And Thomas spent the night  and all day today after 3 months not being  here -so time flies.

We are all good so far with staying home due to the virus.  I don’t see that changing anytime soon for me especially after seeing all those idiots out celebrating over the weekend with total disregard to the virus.  I’ve just settled in to a new lifestyle.  And as long as I get to see Thomas, I’m happy.  Of course, it’s in 110 degrees this week so I can’t go anywhere anyway.  Haha

So here’s my short list of other likes for this week:

1. Blue skies ( no pollution)





This is the view from my front door.  Some days I do like it cause it’s pretty.  I just wish we had grass and real trees.  Heehee. This is a typical street (all the same) In the over 60 community in Peoria. It’s really weird to get used to no people on the street.

2.  Lemon curd and blueberry jam.  So I ordered angel food cake from the grocery store and made lemon curd from  a 15 minute recipe and blueberry jam which is also very easy to make.  What great sauces for the cake! If you want the recipes just let me know.

3. Movies And Miniseries on Prime from Amazon.  Oh my - I had quite a day watching period pieces ( mostly Victorian era) on the channel. They were originally shown years ago but I’d never seen them so it’s all good.

4. My current book



Of course,  I’d read it before but it’s still good the second time around. It’s about a woman transferring her childhood home into a cooking school but it’s more focused on family, friend  relationships and bees.

I haven’t gotten my mojo back to sew; however I did see this in my Connecting Threads brochure which arrived today:

Flowers in bottles just sounds pretty for summer with some light borders to hang as a mini quilt.

I hope you all are having a nice week and join us at LeeAnna’s site for more likes atNot Afraid of Color.

Take care of yourselves.
Mary

6 comments:

  1. Hi Mary! Thomas got to come over for a visit?!! That has to be the best thing for your heart and soul - for both of you, actually. It sounds like things are looking up for you and also for your brother. We are still taking great care around here - no going out unnecessarily that's for sure. Take care! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you were able to have Thomas come over, Mary! I bet he was very happy to spend time with you again. We don't have Amazon Prime, but do have Netflix, and I sure appreciate that! Lots more choices of what to watch, that's for sure! Happy Thursday, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such good news that you had a visit with Thomas. That must have brightened your world. We're still hot, but a cool down is coming on Sat, back into the 60's. It didn't have to be quite that drastic a temperature difference, but maybe I can get my annuals planted. For some reason, none of your photos were visible today, so I'll checked back later and see if they magically appear.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also couldn't see your photos, Mary.
    But happy you got to spend time with Thomas. You kept yourself well occupied which is just like me. Some days I don't know where the time goes. We are very hot right now and I thought of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm... lemon curd. Blueberry jam is always good, too. No pics for me, either. :-( Yay for period pieces! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The past couple of months our "seasonal muffins" were lemon and raspberry. The next couple of months they are lemon and blueberry. At work I made a lemon and blueberry trifle, they sold out in a hot second. The blue skies are gorgeous aren't they. Isn't it amazing how our world heals itself so quickly? Great likes.

    ReplyDelete