Wednesday, May 20, 2020

I like Thursdays May 21

Greetings!!

Where did this week go?  I can’t believe I could have been that busy in this lockdown to lose any time.  Haha.

Is anyone depressed or feeling low?  Well, I do find reading everyone in our little “likes” group   blogs uplifting if not inspiring.  At least I’m not watching the news.

Speaking of the virus- which do you prefer when you are out- paper or fabric masks?  I assume everyone wears a mask out of the house. I don’t wear one on a walk or in the garden but if I go somewhere- I wear the paper (Surgical)  mask and gloves. I can’t breathe with the fabric masks.  I clean the inside of the vehicle and the door handles also when I come home.
I wipe down all the groceries before entering them into the house and clean the doors also.  When I’m done I also wash my hands.  Yes, I’m worried about catching the virus.  And yes, my hands are raw.

Here’s a list of my “likes” this week:

1.  I FOUND THE YEAST!!  Yes, thank you to Sprouts Market stores here.  And, at the regular cost.  Of course, now that I found it I haven’t found time to make anything.

2.  Homemade baking powder.  I follow Food Network on Facebook and found this recipe to make baking powder and thought you might like it if you run out or  if you can’t find it.

3.  The Voice winner Todd Tilghman.  I was so happy to pick this winner from the beginning. He has a great voice, passion and infectious energy.  He’s a pastor and father of 8!!  I hope you get to listen to his music.  He reminds me of music from The Eagles or that genre.

4. My  Link’s Lake painting.  It’s a favorite lake near Prescott Az. It took 2 days to finish because it’s the first landscape painting I’ve done.

I’m so happy with it, I framed it in a mat and used washi tape to attach to the wall.  The tape doesn’t stay so I’m constantly tapping it down.  But, I like the effect better than a heavy frame.  I used paper that my daughter gave me for Christmas which is for “multi-media painting”.  Next time,  I will go back to my watercolor paper where the paint adheres better.  I forgot- kudos to Matthew Palmer on You Tube for the landscape tutorial.

So, that’s a glimpse into my life this past week.  I did make One Pot Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana soup and it was ok.  It’s a potato sausage soup. Not my favorite. But, my brother loved it.
I also still watch Dr John Carpenter on the coronavirus updates and Kate at The Last Lonely House on You Tube each day.

I went to the grocery store for the first time in 10 weeks,  got gas and got a haircut today.  It felt good to get out-but scary.

I hope you are all healthy and happy! Thanks for stopping by and love to hear your comments and how life is for you in this surreal time.

Mary





6 comments:

  1. I do wear a mask everywhere except in our yard or when Mike and I are walking in the neighborhood, and I've tried both paper and cloth, and don't find much difference in comfort. They're both hot! Oh well. Your painting is wonderful, Mary - looks like a beautiful place! Glad you're able to get out a little more - it is kind of scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary! We do wear a mask just about everywhere we go. We went to get gas, into Sam's Club, and grocery shopping early this morning. Boy howdy, those masks are HOT. I take the mask off as soon as I clear the buildings - with no people nearby. Gosh, I can't imagine having to wear them 100% of the time at work or anything. So glad you are able to keep up your painting - and enjoy doing so! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wear a mask all day long, but the moment I walk out into the fresh air it comes off. Your painting is awesome. Hurray for finding yeast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I realized this morning that I'm not commenting on many blogs because I can't find anything positive to say. So I guess that means I'm having a hard time now dealing with the situation. Glad you found some yeast. I didn't bother even looking since I know I won't be baking in the summer anyway. No AC in my house. I need to start planting my annuals now that the weather has finally warmed up enough.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it strange to be scary to go out? Not used to that. Yay for a haircut! Ugh - and I hear you about the raw hands. I've never washed this much. I've only used the fabric masks - I find it depends on the weave and if I have a paper towel lining in it as far as breathability. Your painting is beautiful - very calming. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's too scary to go out past a dog walk. I do wear masks on my walks as too many people ignore distancing and if I don't see them first they ride right up behind me or run two feet away. Oy. Gotta remember to lotion after washing I guess... I get cracked hands. The landscape is gorgeous. I have discovered command strips work as well as advertised. Love, LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete