Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Things I like Thursdays April 9

Greetings!

I’m back!  Sorry I missed you last week- I was sick. Much better now, thank you. Here is a list of my likes for this week ( they are coming harder to find, just sayin):

1. Making Spring  Cards.  https://youtu.be/c3nuF5lTQn0I traveled thru You Tube to ItsybitzyIndia for Pretty and Simple Watercolor cards.  The woman is so talented and easy to follow.  This is my sample.



2. Lemon Ginger Tea


This is the best.  But, it’s hard to find so -good luck. It’s not bitter like some ginger teas.

3.  Udi’s Chicken Parmesan.  It’s frozen and just the right size for 2 people.  Good as any restaurant and great to have in the freezer when I don’t want to cook




The second photo is after it’s heated up in the microwave. It’s really  yummy-and Gluten Free.
Just for the record, I’m tired of cooking and planning so many meals.I’m scared to get take out, too.  I’ve only done it twice.-take out that is.


4. Free time.  When I got stomach sick I got behind on housecleaning, grocery shopping and making Easter cards for the kids and tried to catch up in the last few days.  But, I also gave myself permission for Free Time so I could just sit and read.  It was wonderful.  I am currently reading Me BeforeYou by Jojo Moyes.
  I tried pasting a photo of the book, but it just wouldn’t work.

It’s a romance with a quirky girl who becomes a caregiver of a  young man wheelchair bound.
It’s very enjoyable.

5.  Easter cards for the kids.



This one was for Thomas .  He liked the play on words.


Inside says-“Some bunny loves you-me.”

Well “peeps” that’s it for me today.  Hope you are healthy and happy in our new normal.  UGH!

We are fine and immediate family is fine.  Sure hope it stays that way.  Happy Easter, Happy Passover.

Take care
Mary


8 comments:

  1. Hi Mary! That chicken parmesan looks delicious!! I hear you about being tired of cooking. We've never eaten at home so much. Well, that's a lie - but it's just the point of not being able to go out to eat I guess. LOVE the Easter cards especially Hoppy Easter! Take care, my friend. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous painting!! But... that chick parm... I am not gluten free but manoman that looks good! I could eat! As to being tired of doing all the cooking, right there with you. Also hard to come up with likes at the moment as I'm pretty cantankerous.
    Glad you're back up and painting but it's also fine to sit and read, you're retired! I heard good reviews of that book. I so miss the Library of Congress book festivals in DC, but the last couple years they were crimped anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you were sick, Mary, but aldo so glad you are better! I love your cards, and I bet the kiddos do, too. I also am tired of cooking and coming up with a variety of things to make, but we don't want to get take-out either. The chicken parm looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are over your bout of illness, Mary. These are not the days to have to turn up at an emerg. You are energetic now though making Easter cards. Very cute; I must make one for Robbie. I a tired of cooking all the time too and keep thinking of take out but a little afraid too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love quick meals. So glad you're feeling better. Cute Easter cards. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great likes. I get tired of cooking so I can only imagine what it is like when you are supposed to stay home. Cute cards. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry you were ill last week, but thankful it wasn't the dreaded virus. Cooking every day does get boring and I resent not be able to go to the grocery store when I want. I did have one nice day when I was able to get into the garden for a few hours. Stay safe.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry that you have been sick too and hope you are much better now. Love the bunny cards and I like the author Jojo Moyes! I've read a few of her books and enjoyed them. Take care this week and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete