Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Things I like Thursdays Feb 6

Greetings!

I can’t believe another week has gone by!  I have spent most of my time emptying my PC and setting things up on my IPad.  I deleted a lot of photos-several hundred I’m sure.  I also got a new phone last fall and needed to set the old one back to factory specs so no one could use it and finally accomplished that today.  I still have not sat at the sewing machine since October but hope to soon.  I did however, paint this week -a present for my daughter for Valentines Day. More on that later.

Here are just a few likes I could come up with:

1. Cleaning out my photos on the old PC and setting them up in the IPad.  Editing is completely different on the IPad.  I have to edit 3 and 4 times to get it right.  Luckily, I only have a few this time. Heehee. I have been taking notes when something works and googling a lot of questions.

2. Lavender plants are going crazy!!



The branches are almost 30 inches long.  I hate to cut them but I must because we are having a freeze tonite and the sheets will crush the longer ones.  It’s so weird -we went from mid 70’s Sunday and tomorrow will be in the 50’s. But, these smell so wonderful.

3.  Valentine painting for my daughter

It’s 11x 14 so kinda big (for me) but I wanted to use the paper she gave me for Christmas. Each year I try to give her something for Valentines so this is what I thought of instead of a quilt or pillow.  She has a crazy house but you can feel the love when you are there.

4.  Sam Elliott-doing  anything. But especially in this Doritos commercial at the Super Bowl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6qchztaw9g&feature=share

I sure hope this link works.  Lil Nas isn’t too bad either.

5.  Playing Solitaire on my IPad.  I am NOT a game or cards person but for some reason I’ve gotten hooked on playing this especially at night when tv is boring.  I’m so bad that I had to google how to play solitaire. So sad.

Ok peeps.  This has been fun to share with you and hope you enjoy this peek into my world.  Please join us at Lee Anna’s sight for more:Not Afraid of Color

Take care.
Mary


10 comments:

  1. Hi Mary! Oh YES to Sam Elliott. That is one fine man. That was one of my favorite commercials from the Super Bowl. Sam's horse was so funny, shaking his head no. Love your lovely Valentine painting. I think your daughter will enjoy being able to hang a bit of your love in her house. And the lavender - I can almost smell it through the computer. You might want to look into Google Photos - it will instantly backup your photos and you can access them from anywhere. It's an app you can download for free and each time you launch it, it will download your photos from whatever device you're using. Happy Thursday to you. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are figuring out the iPad, Mary! Your lavendar is pretty - does it smell good, too? I love your painting for your daughter! I'm sure she will, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary, I have two new lavender plants SIL gave me last year. I planted them in the fall and I will be curious if they rebloom now in spring. Hope so because I love them and they are supposed to rebuff mosquitoes. So yay to yours blooming. So pretty. I think we all love Sam Elliott- that voice. But the commercial was great. I'm sure your daughter will love the heart filled painting from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy lavender! I am a Spider solitaire junkie. Oof. Oh, yeah, Sam Elliott. Fun likes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to stop myself from doing another online jigsaw puzzle when I've finished one. Otherwise a couple hours have gone by and I didn't accomplish on the computer what I had planned to do. Life is good. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I play solitaire a lot and I love free cell. Your lavender is gorgeous. So is the painting that you made your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lavender plants are so pretty! Love your painting. I end up playing solitaire on my laptop and have to make myself get off! It's so addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm addicted to online jigsaw puzzles. Glad you are figuring out the iPad. I have to tackle that when I get home from FL. I love lavender, but have mixed success keeping it going after our western NY winters.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. my ipad is full of games. I should share the ones I like in case other people like to do mindless games while tv is on. Lavender... so pretty. Wonder if tomato cages would hold up warming sheets for protection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lavender is such a lovely perfume. Wishing you good luck with your blooms.

    ReplyDelete