Wednesday, February 12, 2020

I like Thursdays Feb 13

Greetings!

Happy Valentine’s Day tomorrow!  It’s been raining all night but going to clear up today.  I sleep better when it’s raining (barometric pressure).  But, I like the sunny day for driving.  Just sayin.

Thanks to Lee Anna, we are listing our “likes” each week which causes me to focus on good stuff in these chaotic times.  It’s a good thing,
Here  is a short list of my likes:

1. Chicken Marsala.



This was so easy and so good .  I used one jar and 4 skinned chicken thighs in the crock pot on high 3hours.  Istarted to buy skinned deboned thighs but they were $6.99 a pound!  Say what??  So I found regular thighs and skinned them myself at $1.99 per pound. If you grab the skin on one edge it clears the thigh pretty easily.  I don’t like fussing with raw chicken but it went pretty quick.  This sauce was perfect for me. If you wanted, you could add more mushrooms.

2.  Valentine mini quilt




It’s about 12 x 20. Thanks to Roseanne at Home Sewn by Us, I was finally inspired to sew.  It’s made from scraps which took forever to coordinate- one afternoon.  The next day I was able to sew and the 3rd day to quilt and bind .  I say day but it’s really only in the afternoons.  Speaking of binding:


I forgot to measure for the binding! This is all I had for a scrap.  Score!  I enjoy looking at this Mini quilt in my living room. Thanks Roseanne for the squirrel.


3. My 2 great granddaughters in these t-shirts.


In case you can’t read them they say they are going to be big sisters.  Very cute.
 so, it’s been a better week. I hope you are enjoying yours.  Check us all out on Lee Anna’s site:  Not Afraid of Color.

Take care
Mary

8 comments:

  1. Oh look at those sweet girls! I love your valentines, Mary. Isn't it great to have a finish too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary! LOVE your hearts wall hanging. It was pretty darn easy, wasn't it?! Like you said, the hardest part was finding fabrics that you wanted to use. SWEET on the binding - it's so nice when it works out just perfectly. Congrats to the big sisters-to-be. Woot woot. That will be fun. And finally, that marsala sauce looks yummy. Thanks for the idea and recommendation. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg those widdle "big" sisters are adorable. Open happy faces! Chicken marsala is my favorite meal, the one I always got at our little italy restaurant in Baltimore. Good to be medicinal sewing isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sauce for the chicken sounds delicious, Mary! I'll have to look for that. Your heart mini quilt is wonderful - I'm glad Roseanne's inspired you to sew. And aren't those great grands of yours adorable?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your chicken sounds yummy. The girls have a sib on the way, how fun. Your wall hanging is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those shirts are a hoot! Love the mini quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to try that chicken sauce! I get in such a cooking/eating rut, and then wind up eating out more than I should. And I love your valentine's mini quilt!! I hope you enjoy your Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love chicken marsala! The Prego sauce would be a nice quick dinner. Your valentine wall hanging looks great. The binding worked out perfectly! Such wonderful news! Another great grandchild on the way!!

    ReplyDelete