Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Things I like Thursdays Jan 31

Greetings!

Wow Jan 31?  Time flies but I’m only having fun some of the time.  Haha.  Here’s a list of this week’s likes:

1. Nice weather. We are around 70 degrees during the day and mid 40’s at night.  You can see our beautiful blue skies this weekend by watching THE PHOENIX OPEN on the Golf channel Thursday-Sunday and on CBS on Sunday. There will be about a million people there this weekend.  My son and his wife will go Sunday.  It’s quite an “in” thing.  The best part is the sponsor-Waste Management who have made almost 100% of their goal to keep everything recyclable every year.  It’s a very clean course in Scottsdale.

2. Cottontails in my backyard.


They were only about 10 feet from me!  So cute. 

Unfortunately, in the same week, I had a rangy coyote about 10 feet from me when I was watering my front yard plants.  At the same time a state Game and Fish agent came around the corner to warn us not to leave small dogs outside. I asked her if she was going to pick up the coyote and she said “No, he’s a wild animal and lives here”.  I was speechless.  I live in a very old subdivision of residences -probably 200 of them. 

3.  My new desk set up for my IPad.
I was pretty proud of myself for setting up a Bluetooth, tablet stand, keyboard and mouse. As you can now tell, I’m still figuring out stuff. Heehee

3. Birthday party for my great grand daughter Kynslee. She just turned 2.


She is such a delicate little girl-very sweet.  

Here’s a photo of my grandson and the two great granddaughters playing together (kinda).

Sorry if it’s a little blurry- I was carrying my oxygen on my shoulder and trying to take  a photo at the same time.

Hope you are all enjoying your week.  Please join us at Lee Anna’s site for more “likes” at Not Afraid of Color

Stay safe.
  Mary




9 comments:

  1. What cute cottontails--and adorable pix of grands...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary! Happy Birthday to your granddaughter, Kynslee. It's so fun that they can all be together - I always enjoyed spending time with my cousins. Your new computer setup looks fabulous. I need to do something similar for Sue's parents. They have a Windows 2007 laptop that is giving them fits. It's time for a new something. Happy Thursday to you, Mary. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing pictures of all the kids! Your bunnies are super cute, I hope they don't get eaten by coyotes! We lost several kittens to coyotes growing up, and now my mom won't have cats anymore for that reason. All our dogs are big, so they seem to be ok....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I worry about coyotes taking Bobbin out in the evening. I have a really big bunny hopping around we are trying to figure out where he is coming from. Your great grand daughter is so cute, but so is the other one and of course Thomas is so handsome, how sweet of him to play with them. He looked like he was enjoying himself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buns in the sun! I like your ipad setup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun to see your cottontails, Mary. Coyotes are around my daughter's town...she sometimes hear them howl at night. What a precious little great granddaughter. That ipad set up looks complicated...yes you are doing great to figure that all out. I feel exactly like that too trying to figure everything out computer-wise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're enjoying the mild weather, Mary - and the cottontails, too. We get a kick out of seeing them here in our neighborhood also! I'm impressed with your tech skills! And your great-granddaughter just looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. we have coyote too, but luckily I haven't seen them. Neighbors hear them. We also have birds of prey that take off small dogs.
    I walked right by one in my hood in MD, and my poodle Cole moved to my other side and stared straight ahead. Apparently the word is out to steer clear of them, even in poodle ville.
    I like your new computer set up, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary - joining you from LeeAnna's party this week. I also applaud Waste Management and their efforts at recycling. Love the pictures of your family!

    ReplyDelete