Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Things I like Thursdays Jan 16

Greetings!


Happy January.  I think.  Putting away the Christmas stuff was not fun but my living room feels clean and tidy.  Luckily, it's the only room I really decorate beside the dining table so it only took A DAY to put stuff away and clean the house.

I'm still on oxygen so the cord gets in the way but we are adjusting.

I have a few things for our weekly "like" post with Lee Anna: Not Afraid of Color.  Please join us.

1.  Christmas gift from a friend



 Isn't this sweet? Lee Anna sent this along with some fancy cocoa I haven't tried yet.  The tiny stitches on the mug rug are just so pretty.  I don't have the patience or finger dexterity to hand sew any longer so I can really appreciate all the lovely work that went into this piece.  I treasure it.

2. Christmas gifts from family.  As I mentioned previously, our family missed Christmas this year due to all being sick-one at a time-and it was catching.  So, Tina's family and I opened one present each after New Year's , when we were no longer contagious. This coming Sunday we are all meeting at a restaurant to exchange the rest of our gifts. AND, celebrate my daughter and daughter in law's birthdays.
Here's a gift I received from Tina already:



Painting supplies!!!  What a great idea.  Canvases, watercolors, a large tablet. I'm so happy. Art supplies are expensive so this was smart.

3. My January painting.


I finally sat down and did some painting.  I haven't sewn or painted in almost 2 months!
Shayda Campbell has a wonderful tutorial on flowers at You Tube.  It was harder to paint these than I realized. My perfectionist tendencies seem to take over when making the large roses so I need to relax more or add some more color shading. I still enjoy the process.


I hope you are all enjoying the new year and keeping warm!  It's been cold here in the mornings (37) but warms up in the afternoon (high 60's). Many clothes changes during the day.  Haha

Take care-

mary



7 comments:

  1. Hi Mary! Oh, I think that is wonderful that you still get to gather together after everyone is well. That's the whole spirit of the season . . . and it can easily carryover to January, February or whenever it works for all. What a thoughtful gift for you - I think you will put the painting supplies to good use. I think you have a natural talent for it, and feeding that talent is good for the soul. LeeAnna is so kind - and to give a gift that is appreciated is just the best. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your January painting is lovely, Mary! We all need flowers in January. I love that your daughter gave you painting supplies - the perfect gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for fun gifts. I like your January painting. Very cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great gifts. LOL Hope you are all on the mend. I am envious of your 37.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog through Little Penguin Quilts. So glad you are feeling better after being sick during the holidays. What a beautiful watercolor you've painted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lets start with the painting... oooooooooo.... great job. I haven't seen shayda's tutorial yet. I like the whole thing, especially the circles intersected by the stem lines! New supplies are so so so appreciated aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you are gradually improving. Glad to see you back at the painting...what a great hobby for you. And such a thoughtful gift. Stay hydrated and be sure to rest plenty.

    ReplyDelete