Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Things I like Thursdays Jan 23

Greetings!
So, I’ve been trying to switch from my PC to my IPad for all computer work.  Oh dear- what a project.  Of course, I’ve been a Windows user for many years and have never used a Mac so it’s a tortuous endeavor.  I should purchase a “Dummies for IPad users” book, but I’m a glutton for punishment I guess.  I received 2 IPads last year for free  and want to learn how to use the IPad because my PC uses Windows 7 which is no longer supported by Microsoft.  Plus, the news has reported that this means hackers will be able to hack our computers more easily.  Regardless, I’m in no position to purchase Windows 10 or a new PC to handle that upgrade.  Better to learn to use what I have- no?

Here’s a list of my  “likes” for this week.  Please join us for more “likes” at Lee Anna’s site: Not afraid of color.

1. GOOGLE  for questions.  I have been jumping from Google back and forth to my IPad to learn how to use PHOTOS , ISpreadsheet, etc.  I could not have gotten this far without using Google. I’ve spent 2-3 hours a day

2.  Sanditon  on PBS.  A one season ( eight part) period piece about a spirited young lady who goes to the town of Sanditon.  I love period pieces or almost anything on PBS.  Of course,  anything is better than watching the  Impeachment hearings.

3.  Sunday lunch at The YardHouse in Glendale with family.  There were 9 of us having lunch outside on the deck in 70 degrees,  crazy crazy weather.

4. Christmas gifts from my family:
  

?
I love John Legend!

A massage certificate!  Yes,,



A lighted Christmas globe -so delicate and pretty
I received other delicious and pretty gifts but forgot to take photos.
Well peeps- this took several hours to figure out how to post so I’ll call it a win.
Have a wonderful day!

Mary


9 comments:

  1. Mary, I love seeing what everyone got for Christmas. It reminds me of when a girl it was a big deal to visit friends to see what they got. I don't know where we would be without Google. Devices can be tricky and like you, I've never done any real work on my ipad only on my Acer now with Windows 10. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful week of likes! I've only ever used Windows...good luck with switching
    Like you we are watching anything but the Hearings...
    lol hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary! I would call your nice newsy post a win as well. It is definitely a process, switching from Windows to a Mac. I think you'll enjoy how handy having everything right there with you on your iPad all the time. I love John Legend too! And that snowman globe is so cute and festive. It lights up, I'm guessing? ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you, learning how to switch platforms! It's definitely not easy. I'm enjoying Sanditon, too! Your family is so great at finding you such sweet gifts - loved seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Diann, good for you learning how to use a new platform. Great gifts, and any time with family is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, they say learning new things keeps your mind nimble and that you should try to learn one new thing a day. You are doing great. My son gave me an iPad for Christmas and I've never used Apple products, so we'll see how I do. I now have a Chromebook and also a Kindle and a smart phone that drives me crazy. My mind should be very nimble soon. Nice Christmas gifts.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've been enjoying Sanditon. Oh, a good massage is so nice. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your ipad! I totally understand the pc-mac struggle! And I'll have to watch Sanditon, I'm a huge Jane Austen fan in general. I have to figure out how to get PBS, I'm not sure I have an antenna anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  9. my computer died a few days after the windows 7 change. I'm trying to get used to dh's computer and windows 10. Oy vey. Sanditon is awesome.... great actors and script. I've been wanting one of the lighted globes I saw this year too. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete