Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Things I like Thursdays Nov 28

Greetings!




HAPPY THANKSGIVING to my US friends.   We will have rain and cold. for several days. Very unusual for us as many Northerners have arrived for the winter and had plans for golfing, etc.
I will be going to my son's house for a big feast. I take turns each year with my kids.. Thankfully, I only have 2 kids.
But, they are both great cooks (as well as their spouses).  I'm eating as healthy as I can before that day.
I am thankful for all of you visiting my blog and sending me your thoughts.  It keeps me happy and sane.
 Hope ya'll have a great day!

In the meantime, here is a list of my "likes" for this week:

1. Green Enchiladas Soup. Here is the link for the recipe: https://seekinggoodeats.com/?s=green+enchilada+soup  I hope I set that up for you correctly.  Most of the ingredients I had on hand.  I used canned chicken. It can be made in a pot on the stove but I made it in the crock pot for 1.5 hours to make sure all the cheese melted. This was  SO good and easy.

2.  Vignettes of my Christmas decorations:




The shelf over the tv.  Those candles have LED lights which I love.


My blue and white tree.  This was taken with my Ipad at night.  I'm still trying to get better photos but it's a struggle.



Here's one taken  with the Iphone. The tree is so pretty -live. I've had that crocheted Angel at the top for many years but the blue and white theme just started last year.


My hanging Nativity scene.  It is a carved wood piece bought at Hobby Lobby for $5 that I attached to a midnight blue (with stars) fabric. It's about 13" square.  I just love the simplicity of it.


My table Nativity scene.  I've had this small set many years. I grew up with the Nativity scene set up under the tree in a manger every year. But, as an adult I've liked seeing it in a more visible setting on the table.
I still have one or two decorations to go inside and minimal outside stuff to prepare  --so I'm almost done.

Hope you enjoyed a peek into my days and please join us for more "likes" at Lee Anna's site: Not Afraid of Color

mary




6 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! The holiday season has begun. Yay for decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving, Mary! Enjoy the day with your family! Your Christmas decorations are so pretty - I really like that very simple hanging Nativity. I have a wooden one that my dad made - always love getting it out each year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving. Having family to spend holidays is awesome, and not being the one to do all the cooking is even better. Love your Christmas decorations. I have a huge manger that Jeff had, but no nativity set. I need to find one I like to use that special piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary! I hope you enjoyed the day at your son's home. That sounds like a lot of fun. Your tree looks so pretty and I really LOVE that angel at the top. Your nativity scene looks so pretty as well. Happy Happy Thanksgiving to you! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely likes Mary. I was drawn to that hand crocheted angel. Beautiful. I am thankful for finding you in this wide world...enjoy our visits back and forth very much...and the soup links. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary... your decorations are so pretty. I love blue trees... there's one outside in our neighborhood and it glows so pretty at night. I want some of the led candles too. Love, Leeanna

    ReplyDelete