Wednesday, November 13, 2019

I like Thursdays Nov 14

Greetings!

Since most of my time was spent on before and after my trip to Payson, Az , I only have one BIG like today:

A trip to Payson, Az


This photo was taken in a moving car and with my Iphone.  I wish it was clearer for you to see how beautiful the changing leaves appeared. This was the desert about an hour before arriving in Payson.

Payson is a  town about a 2 hour drive northeast  from Phoenix.  It was founded in 1884, the population is about 15,000 and it is widely know for it's rodeo. The elevation is about 5000 feet so the terrain is tall pines and cool(er) weather.

We stayed at an Air bnb. This was the first time for all of us taking that route for lodging.  It was a 3 bed 2 bath home in downtown Payson which is a very old area.  My son in law handled the process of an Airbnb so we were all a little nervous of the result.  When we arrived, we were shocked at the outside appearance which was not how the photo appeared.  It was awful looking. However, the inside looked like an HGTV home.  Crazy.  We loved the place as it was everything we needed.

We timed our visit perfectly for the changing colors of the leaves:





Everywhere we went was clear blue skies and beautiful trees.

We visited 2 parks in the town many times.  Here we are at Green Valley park with Thomas throwing a jet ball to mom and dad.


All of the park events are a workout for mom and dad but they love it. Gramma gets to sit with Thomas and cheer him on:



Check out another red tree in the background.  As you can tell,  I spent a lot of time admiring the trees up there.

The other park was Rumsey Park.  Thomas got to play basketball, his favorite sport.


Mom and dad got quite the workout there, too.

And, then it was back  to the rental to relax:


Thomas and my daughter Tina watching "Christmas at the Cranks".  Everywhere we went was so close to home- maybe 3-4 miles away at most.

I wish I had taken more photos, but I was busy enjoying the great outdoors and the company!

Back to the grind of chores and running errands  in 85 degrees.  I hope ya'll are enjoying your week.

Take care,
mary







8 comments:

  1. I am sure the changing leaves are amazing especially when you don't experience it as much. So glad you had an awesome time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you must have been panicked to see the outside of the bnb! But good news, it was nice inside, and the trip was good. I love color in Fall, it must have been refreshing. You are a beautiful grandmother, great pic of you and thomas. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like such a great time, Mary! I love that you got to see the fall leaves and enjoyed the time with your family so much. Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful trip...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary! What a wonderful vacation you all had - how nice to be together. The trees do look beautiful and I'm thrilled that you got a chance to see it at just the perfect time. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an awesome time, Mary. Friends of mine have a home in Phoenix where they spend the winters. They love it. Hope you are caught up on home chores and get to relax for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you enjoyed a wonderful time with family. No worries on the photos. It just makes me smile to know you were having fun with them and not thinking about photos for your post!

    ReplyDelete