Wednesday, November 6, 2019

I like Thursdays Nov 7

Greetings!

Happy fall.  Hope you are enjoying it. I haven't sewn this week but have been cleaning and running errands. Unfortunately, my hip has been acting up so not much going out in the world.  This coming Saturday I'm going to Payson Az (best small town 2015) for a vacation and I am so excited.  I'm going with my daughter and her family.  We have been going every fall but last year I was sick and couldn't go.
I wish it was going to be colder but it will be 70/45 for the 3 days.


And, I will finally see trees.

In the meantime-here's a short list of my likes for this week:


1.  Gift in the mail.  I was so pleased to receive a lovely gift from Roseanne of Home Sewn by Us.
A pair of socks with " I'm watching Hallmark Christmas movies" on them.  Very thoughtful and very cute.

2. Changing my closet to "winter" clothes.  Two weeks ago we had unusually cold weather for us-60 and 70 degrees with 40's in the a.m.  and I just ate it up.  So, I changed most of the clothes out.  For us, that just means long sleeves.
However,  today we are at 90 again.  I can't win. Now you see why I can't wait to go to the high country this weekend.  If it wasn't for my family being here- I would definitely live in a small, cold town.

3.  The last show for Durrels at Corfu.  It was so well done.  Even though I will miss that crazy family, the finale was lovely. Now I need to find another PBS show similar to that. What an escape.

4. My annual trip to Pier 1. I go there just to see their beautiful, creative trees and take a full hour just to get ideas for Christmas.  This time , I picked up just a few small pieces:  I picked up a red placemat, 2 white, small  dishes ,  a gift diffuser and two of their small trees (like 10-12 inches).  I want to make a  new centerpiece for the kitchen table.
Luckily, I did not see these plates or would have bought a set:



They have trees!!!  Sorry.

That's all I could come up with for this week but hope to have photos for you next week. And, maybe some sewing done.

Have a great one and please join us at Lee Anna's post for more "likes" at Not Afraid of Color

mary

P. S. I was not happy at all to see my favorite basketball player, Steph Curry, severely injured- a fractured hand. They are saying it will be 3 months before he can play again.  Prayers to him for a speedy recovery.






9 comments:

  1. Sorry about your hip; with me it's my hands aching as the storm approaches...I love trees too...that is a lovely plate..
    enjoy your trip hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary! Your vacation to the high country sounds wonderful and needed. Safe travels and enjoy! I haven't been to Pier 1 in ages, but it sounds like you found some great buys. I like just poking around for Christmas ideas when I have the time to do so. Maybe I should pop in and see what they've got. Happy Thursday. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vacation in the forest sounds fun. LOL your winter clothes challenge made me smile. Steph Curry is he related to Steve Curry from years ago? I don't watch TV or sports much anymore. Great plate I would have bought it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea to go to pier 1 for christmas decorations ideas! I typically find so much fun stuff there I don't really need that I try to avoid going, but going specifically just for inspiration sounds like a great idea! And I hope you have fun in Payson! One of my best friends moved there when I was a girl in the 80s, and I have some very fond memories of going out there to visit her! What a fun place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you get to go on a vacation up to Payson! It is so pretty up there! That plate with the trees is very tempting - I haven't been in Pier 1 in a long time. Have a great week, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh - I haven't watched the last episode of the Durrels yet. Trees! Unexpected gifts in the mail are always fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you are getting a week away. I'm guessing the pictures will include trees. I was in Pier 1 a few weeks ago with friends. They didn't have Christmas out then, but I'm sure they've started by now. Have a great time with your daughter.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. still laughing that Roseanne found the perfect gift!! They've started already!!! Where's my bingo card... LOVE pier one, and those tree dishes... now I gotta go see them. Never been to AZ that I remember but Payson sounds nice. I learned here in high country to have out four seasons worth of clothes at all times. It will be near 70F tomorrow and snow again Sunday, and we had a pop up snow on Thursday! Never fret about the number of likes... one will do, and we know your heart is always full of gratitude! I'll sorely miss the Durells and if you find a replacement let me know. Have you watched 800 Words? It's now on PBS... we watched all the seasons and LOVED them. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet of Roseanne to send you socks, Mary. You will have to show us a photo of your tootsies in them. :) I'm also so happy you are getting to go on vacation. Any change of scenery is good and you will enjoy the family time too. Older daughter loves Pier 1, she is one with the pretty things so sometimes I get to go with her. Love it there esp. their dishes and table linens and of course, neat things. So safe travelling and enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete