Wednesday, October 2, 2019

I Like Thursdays Oct 3

Greetings!

It's 61 degrees this morning!  I have been waiting almost 6 months to go walking around my block and got ready to go out the door and instead saw this:


Two Wild Coyotes.  I ran in the house and grabbed my camera and took this shot.  At one point they turned around and looked at me.  Needless to say I walked in a different direction- not on my own street. Dang it all.  If we call Game and Fish to come pick them up the coyotes will be long gone. I don't know what to do about it. This is the third time in a few weeks that I have seen a coyote. UGH.

However, I do like this cooler weather and some other stuff:

1.  Fall shows returning- This is Us., The Resident, New Amsterdam.That was last week; then, this week,  I found The Durrels and Poldark  on PBS:

They are such a fun family.

Isn't he beautiful? Just sayin.

2.  Donated quilt tops done and ready to go to the church:


The first one was "Briar Rose" charms from Wilmington with Kona Snow charms .  I ordered the first charm pack (twice) and didn't like them when they arrived years ago but with the white, they turned out all pretty. The second top is a 4 square from stash fat quarters.  I'm still trying to destash.

3.Local  Firefighters.  My daughter was talking to some firemen shopping for groceries and asked them what was the procedure to get Thomas a visit to their firehouse. She explained Thomas' miracle birth, his disabilities and interests (sports, monster jam  and firefighters) . They were SOOO interested and made an appointment for the following Saturday for their little family to tour the station.   She, her husband and Thomas were there for 2 hours.  The firefighters took him for a ride on the ladder truck (which meant he had to be carried out of the wheelchair and onto the truck), gave him a firefighter t-shirt, a Phoenix Suns basketball game, a Phoenix Suns shirt, a firefighter's cap and a real firefighter's helmet from the captain.  Unbelievable.  They all had such a wonderful day and returned the next day with home made cookies for the crew..

4. Thomas' firefighter pants for Halloween. So, of course Thomas wants to be a firefighter for Halloween.  My daughter got a pair of pants (twice his size but cost $2) at Goodwill. :



I hemmed them, cuffed them and  added green felt to the cuffs. He is so excited for Halloween.

5. Net Zero produce bags.  So, I saw them on the internet and was pulled right in,. They are a thin, airy, nylon for use at the grocery store and in the fridge.  "  You can fill them with produce at the store , wash the produce and store in fridge"  Well, I received them in 2 weeks from Shanghai!  I didn't read the fine print when I ordered them. but was surprised on their long journey.  I received way too many so I washed a few right away and put them in the car.  I have shopped for produce 2 times since I put them in the car  and still haven't remembered to use them.  What's even funnier is I thought they would be so convenient at the store because the store  frequently runs out of produce bags.


They come in 3 sizes.

Between household chores, runs to the store/doctors and all this sewing, I'm tired.  Oh- I also have  a bladder infection so the meds are tiring me out, too.  Today we go for my brothers pre-op tests at the hospital  for his upcoming surgery next week. I'm too tired to stress out on that, too!!  HAHA

Anyway, hope you all are having a great week and welcome to October- at last!  Joins us at LeeAnn's site for more "likes" at Not Afraid of Color.

mary😊







10 comments:

  1. How special for Thomas to visit the firestation! I have those produce bags. I have them in my shopping bags in the car, and I too forgot them. Pretty quilts. Yikes Coyotes! Not that I don't have them around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary! I think you should call G&F anyway, just to report that you've seen them in the neighborhood a few times now. They can make an attempt to catch them, or give you some suggestions maybe?! Oh, what a heartwarming story about Thomas and the firefighters!! How FABULOUS. I can just imagine how excited he was. It gives me the chills and puts a huge smile on my face. I know you were equally excited for him. I am chuckling about your Shanghai produce bags. They ARE a great idea. And I know I would forget to use them, too, although if they were in my car I would run out and get them. I'm sorry about your infection and hope that your brother's surgery goes well. {{hugs}} . ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a change in the temperature! Glad you can get outside and enjoy it, Mary. I love your story about Thomas at the fire station - what a generous bunch of people. I can tell through your words that he loved every minute! Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness! I hope the bladder infection resolves soon, that does not sound like fun. I love that Thomas got to tour the firehouse, what a really cool thing to do, and I hope he has fun being a firefighter for halloween!! I hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mother gave me a set of those bags. Love them. Love the costume, and what lovely firefighters! Bladder infections suck. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ugh I went to a doctor for bladder and she said I was irritated not infected. I don't know. I am surprised the coyote are out during the day, poor creatures having less area to roam. Wonderful connection between firefighters and your grandson. Good story to counteract all the negatives in the world. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  7. So let me see what I remember, Mary.
    Yes, he is beautiful, LOL
    Firefighters are amazing folks and what a great experience for Thomas.
    Yes to a talented grandma who can sew and fix a great costume as well as make such pretty quilts to donate.
    Yes to those produce bags...I've got to get serious about this stuff.
    Yes to walking in cooler temps but a big no to wildlife roaming about peopled streets!
    This was a great post, Mary. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, we all know why we all watch Poldark :-) How wonderful that the firefighters made such a fun day for your daughter's family. I love that! I have those net zero bags, and I like them but when I leave the food in them in the fridge, I notice that my veggies don't stay crisp. Those coyotes would bother me, a bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad it's finally cooling off for you! We have coyotes almost daily here. I saw those produce bags also, but haven't ordered them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coyotes yikes. Too close for me. Cooling off here too. Its almost sweater weather.

    ReplyDelete