Wednesday, October 9, 2019

I like Thursdays Oct 10

Greetings!

Hi. This has been another busy week but I have a few likes to share with you.  Please join us at Lee Anna's site for more "likes" at Not Afraid of Color.

1. Dove Chocolate Bar.

I don't by candy often but I  tried this and fell in love.

2. Cabbage soup with meatballs.



In the Crock Pot.I just put shredded cabbage, chopped carrots, chopped red pepper ,stewed tomatoes, chicken broth to cover and spices. Cook 4 hours on high and and 7 on low. I added thawed frozen turkey meatballs for another 30 minutes.

3.  Crock pot baked ziti.  Since it's still hot here, I've been using the crock pot instead of the oven.

I took most of the instructions from the recipe, Slow Cooker Baked Ziti at allrecipes.com



No meat, just really good. I added thawed, frozen chopped butternut squash to make it more healthy.

4. The Hallmark Christmas movie schedule for this season:


I hope you can read it.  You're welcome.

5. My new Bamboo painting.



It's now one of my favorites and looks just like my real bamboo plant (mostly).

Well peeps, gotten run to get my flu shot! Yay!

Hope you are enjoying this week.  Have a good one.
mary.

P.S. I'm posting this on Wednesday because my grandson will be here all day tomorrow (I'm so excited) and my brother's surgery is Friday so I'm getting ready for that.

11 comments:

  1. Love that bamboo painting--it came out really well....we got our flu shots yesterday...thanks for the hallmark countdown--hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salted caramel is the bomb. Love your bamboo painting. Sending good wishes for your brother. Hugs to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. let's start with the bamboo painting... omg how beautiful. It would be my favorite too!!! I especially like the way the pink background gets darker on the left, and repeats the strong vertical lines of the plant. So pretty. The cabbage soup reminds me to make some soup today, as it's not hot here. 21F actually, and snowing. We're relatively close and such different weather.
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much- I love that painting also. So serene. I've been watching the weather and figured you'd get snow. Hope your plants survived. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  4. Hi Mary! What's not to LOVE about Dove chocolates?!! Yummy flavors, all of them. Ummm, I do wish I had one right this minute. Cabbage soup with meatballs - holy moly that sounds fabulous, too. You're just trying to make me hungry, aren't you?!! HAHA - I heard a commercial for the Hallmark season to start on 10/25. I have some gifts for friends who are REALLY into this - I'll have to send you one, too. If you reply to me - would you send along your mailing address? It's just a little something! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love anything in the crockpot - both of your meals look yummy! Salted caramel chocolate - yummy, too! I got my flu shot this week, too. Love your bamboo painting! Hope your brother's surgery goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cabbage and I haven't bought any in a while! I need too- cabbage and sausage is one of my favorite easy recipes, and your stew looks really tasty! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your bamboo painting. Any Dove chocolates are delicious. That ziti looks pretty good, too. (we don't use our crock pot nearly enough).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I mentioned salted caramel ice cream is my favourite...I’m thinking I would like this chocolate. Love these recipes, Mary. Hearty and healthy. Your bamboo painting is really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your day with Thomas was good. Oh I love Dove chocolate and salted caramel sounds divine. Looks like yummy meals. Love your painting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a soup lover -- your cabbage and meatballs look yummy!

    ReplyDelete