Thursday, October 17, 2019

Things I Like Thursdays Oct 17

Greetings

Well, we made it thru my brother's surgery and we are dealing with recovery and a catheter which he needs a lot of help with but he's improving every day. Thank you all for your support and good wishes.

Here's a list of my likes for this week:

1.  St Joseph's Dignity Health Hospital.  The staff was just so nice and helpful. It's a new facility so it's pretty, modern and clean- and only 10 minutes from my home. The surgeon/urologist said my brother could go home on the second day but the FEMALE hospital doctor said it was too risky and should stay another day because of his blood clots.  He stayed the second day. Juat sayin.




This photo doesn't do the landscape justice.  They went all out on Xeriscaping (drought tolerant) plants and have a Zen- type garden.


2. Grinch Cookie Dough.
It's supposed to be at Kroger and Target in October-haven't seen it yet but this is a must for Thomas.

3.  My daughter's finished Christmas valance- it's so cute

the back



                                                         THE FRONT
4.  Flu shot at Safeway- Cigna was out of the shots already (really?) but I was still able to get it for free at Safeway.

5. Christmas Trees at Home Depot.




They put a smile on my face.  I belong to a Christmas group on Facebook and many people already have their trees and decorations up!  I'll still wait for Thanksgiving.

I have not had any time to sew or paint so nothing to show you on that front- I'm so busy taking care of my brother and the house I just crash when I can. Next week should be much easier.....  She says.

Hope you all are doing well and join us at Lee Anna's site for more "likes": Not Afraid of Color

Take care,
mary

11 comments:

  1. Great likes. The Zen garden at the hospital looks awesome. Glad the brother is feeling better. Green cookie dough....Not too sure but the daughter is always making rainbow, purple, yellow, orange cakes. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your brother is doing okay, Mary. Being a caregiver is not eady - take good care of yourself, too! Grinch cookie dough - who knew?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary! So glad to read the good news about your brother. The Grinch cookies made me laugh right out loud. My coworkers think I'm nuts anyway, so what's one more thing. LOVE this whole idea of them. Yay to your daughter's valance and to a free flu shot! And Christmas trees! Already?!! Love to see them - I try to wait. Try. Until Thanksgiving night . . . or maybe the Monday before sometimes. Who cares anyway?!! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad your brother is healing; you be sure to rest too! I had to chuckle at the Grinch cookie dough. I might have to make some of those! I'm the only one in my household who enjoys watching the Grinch. So many cute things in your post. I'm with you, waiting until after Thanksgiving for the tree. Actually, I wait until after my birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Grinch cookie dough is a hoot. Nothing like a good health facility. oh, yay! The valence looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good to hear your brother is doing okay. It's ironic that you see ads everywhere urging people to get their flu shot and for those over 65 to get the senior shot, but the pharmacist said there's a shortage of the senior shot this year. So I got the regular one and will hope it's enough. I think you could make those Grinch cookies from scratch if you don't find the refrigerated dough. Just add green food coloring to a sugar cookie recipe and put a red cinnamon candy heart on it. Hope things are calming down for you now and you can get back to sewing and painting a little bit. You need to take care of yourself, too.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I like seeing the Christmas stuff come out as well, Mary. Puts a smile on my face too. Before Halloween for decorating seems a tad early to me though for those folks but hey, whatever floats your boat.
    I've never heard of these Toll House mixes. Looks like fun.
    They say there is a shortage of flu shots here too. Hubby hopes to get his soon.
    Hope you have a great weekend now Mary and a chance to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  8. grinch cookies! Awesome! Glad the hospital was safe, hope you have some more time this week coming.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Issues in disabling the Binance account
    Having issue in disabling the Binance account and up for guidance so that you can easily eliminate this error? Despite having high-end features, users get into errors which are unable to deal with and need support. To contact the team who knows complete knowledge about Binance Industry and looking for support, you can always talk to the professionals who’re there to assist you. Call on Binance support number which is functional all the time. Connect with users and avail quality-oriented solutions from professionals who’re there to support you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grinch cookie dough is terrific not just for Christmas but is just in time for Halloween. Sending best wishes for your brother's speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete