Thursday, September 26, 2019

Things I like Thursdays Sep 26

Greetings!

Happy Fall! Here is my list of "likes" for this week:

1. My new Fall painting:


The  leaves tutorial from Shayda Campbell on you tube was very helpful.

2.  Big Band music station from England on my Pandora app.  I was raised with Big Band Music and loved it.  I appreciate all kinds of music-Jazz, Classical, pop, rock (not heavy metal or rap).  But, I was reminded recently (by Julierose, I think) of the Big Band music so I searched Pandora and found it.  Cool.  I just can't listen to it while painting cause it's too fast! LOL

3.  My Happy Happy Joy Joy painting.



This tutorial was from Maremi Small Art on You Tube. I've decided to start a series on various colors. I would not normally have chosen these colors (beige and blue)  together so it was a stretch.

4. Donating Quilts and fabric





I chose 5 quilts I made  sitting in drawers to send to a church who distributes them all over the valley- food banks, women/children etc.  I also went through my fabric stash and sent along some fabric.  It felt good to finally accomplish this task.

5.  The Christmas mini quilt is finished and hanging in my bedroom



Here it is laying on a chair before I got around to hanging it.  The photo doesn't do justice to the jewel tone squares.

6.  My daughter's Christmas Valances for her kitchen and dining room.  I finished the kitchen one.  The fabric is from Robert Kaufman



It has a slight gold thread running throughout.
Here's the back and sleeve for the rod.


I  had the fabric in my stash and she loved it. It took about 3 hours to put this one together.  Next one should be easier since I know what I'm doing. LOL


As you can see, I've accomplished a lot this week and hope to do more this next week.  We finally got rain and the weather has cooled of so I'm outdoors more, also.
I hope you are having a great week and appreciate you stopping by.  Please join us at Lee Anna's Not Afraid of Color  for more fun posts.

mary


10 comments:

  1. Your paintings are just great, Mary! I'm glad the bring you so much pleasure! I love that you're donating those quilts - I need to find someplace local where I can do that. Your new Christmas quilt is so pretty - I like that design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a generous thing to donate so many lovely quilts! I try to do one donation quilt a year (just a baby one usually), and seeing yours reminds me I haven't done one this year. Maybe I'll get motivated to do some as the weather cools off! I love seeing your paintings too- all the different flowers, leaves, and berries are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary! You had a lot of likes this week, and it was a very productive week for you. I love those valances for your daughter, and how great is that they were culled from your stash?! Also, fabulous your gifts to the church of quilts and fabrics. You'll never miss those fabrics, I suspect. LOVE your paintings! I'm so thrilled that you continue to do it, and that you enjoy it so much. Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy is fabulous. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have had a good week -- doesn't it feel good to use up fabrics in your stash?! Good for you! Your paintings are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely likes, Mary. My favourite of your paintings is Happy Happy Joy Joy too. How great to donate quilts. Will I ever finish enough/any so I could do that too! Pretty Christmas hanging and I'm so happy you are painting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you have been busy. Why is it donating a quilt is so satisfying to the soul?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love big band! Those quilts are all so pretty! Great Christmas fabric, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on getting the quilt donation accomplished! I have four of them folded in a pile here, waiting to be moved along.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your Happy Happy Joy Joy painting which radiates a lot of it. Seeing your cute valances has me looking forward to sewing new curtains for a living room window.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your paintings and your quilts are lovely. Yes, it feels good to give. It warms my heart just to read your post. Wishing you a sew wonderful week full of fun activities.

    ReplyDelete