Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Things I likes Thursdays Sep 9-19

Greetings!

We are under 100 degrees!  Yay!  We had a little rain storm last night so it's 50% humidity but I'll take it. It doesn't take much folks.  I still can't go for a walk outside because of the humidity but at least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Also, I just want to pass on to anyone needing this info that my fingers are healing.  If you recall, my fingers have been seriously peeling off skin so I saw 2 different doctors. They both said it was contact dermatitis and to keep my hands dry. Really?Each gave me a different prescription.  Neither worked.
 I went to my lung Dr for my checkup and she suggested I smear good old fashioned Vaseline all over my fingers and wear cotton gloves overnight. I started seeing improvement on the third day.  I even went without band aids yesterday and sewed. Today,  I'm typing with no band aids and no pain.!
So, you can imagine my good attitude today.  Here are my "likes" for this week beside the above info.:

1. Fall kitchen decor.


I got out the fall decorations  to remind us it will be cool soon.  LOL  Anyway, that is my Bicycle Quilt, my tablecloth from stash fabric, placements with a  table top made several years ago.  I love it all.

2.  Veggie pasta. Yes, it's a thing.  I was at Frys (Kroger for some of you) when I saw this in the freezer section:




It wasn't bad. Not too great the next day.  I would buy it again. I need to eat more vegetables so this was a good idea. (made from zucchini and lentils)

3. Books.

The first is Shelter in Place which I finished last week:



A suspense novel with a little romance thrown in. Very good.

What I'm reading now:
Harry's Trees:


A quirky, uplifting story of love and loss. I do recommend this as well.

4. My Whimsical Trees painting:


Thanks to Lee Anna, I watched Leslie Writes it All  for a tutorial on these trees.  It is so fun to relax in painting and doodling for this perfectionist. Heehee

5. My brother's birthday card for next week:


This is from a tutorial by Ceecee Creations.  It was very easy and fun.


As you can see,  I've been busy but having fun. Between doctor visits, pharmacies,  house chores etc., I've been able to get some fun time. I hope you have too.

Please join us at Lee Anna's site Not Afraid of Color for more "likes".

Have a great day.
mary








10 comments:

  1. Hi Mary! I just learned that Nora Roberts writes under the pseudonym of JD Robb - did you know that? I just requested her first book in the series of 49 (!!) from the library. Yay to vaseline working on your fingertips! I have had issues with my palms itching - waking me up at night even - so I've been doing the same thing. It works like a charm. Well, veggie Mac & Cheese sounds delicious. We've been enjoying cauliflower pizza crusts - now we can move to zucchini mac & cheese! Yum! Love your pretty painting and birthday card for your brother. I think that makes it extra special for the recipient! Happy Thursday to you! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely fall decor, Mary! I love fall. It was so cool here last night that I closed all the windows and thought of maybe turning on the heat. Seems like it was 100 degrees last week. Quirky weather. I am going to looking for veggie pasta. No Kroger's here. Your doodles are lovely. How nice to make your own cards. I am glad the vasoline is helping your hands. I am prone to contact dermatitis and the petroleum jelly in vasoline is one of the major causes. I have to find other ways to treat it, Avoiding petroleum products and by products helps me the most. Good that you have found something that works for you. Happy Thursday ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. hooray for the doctor's suggestion! LOVE your paintings! how personal to get a card you designed right? And I love Nora Roberts... especially her series books. I loved the wedding series, and the series about opening an Inn in VA.
    Yarrow was a medicinal plant, healing fevers and other maladies. It smells good to me after years of growing it. I put the nursery plant in a big pot and it's thriving! It is perrenial so I hope it winters over in this pot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you got some relief for you hands. I think I'll try that vasoline tip for mine, which are already drying out and winter isn't even close. Those little watercolors the you and LeeAnna are doing are tempting me to take time for the video.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you figured out your skin issue, Mary! Sometimes the simplest solution is really the best, isn't it? Your fall quilt on the wall in your kitchen is gorgeous! And that pasta sounds intriguing - I may have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dad has been having problems with his skin peeling too. The fall quilt is lovely. Hmmm the pasta sounds interesting, but not too sure if it cannot be reheated for the leftovers. Your watercolors are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad your fingers are beginning to improve! Hang in there for the cooler weather :) I need to break out the fall décor also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for the simple solution of vaseline for your hands. I just pulled out a few fall decorations this week too. And since I just caught up on last's week 'I like post", I really like your hydrangea quilt top. One of my favorite flowers, although I can't grow most varieties because of deer issues and too cold winters. Wishing good luck to your brother on his surgery. Try not to stress too much.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the birthday card. So cute. The veggie mac and cheese looks good. Yay for pain-free fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am intrigued by your remedy of vaseline and just so happy you have found relief. I use vaseline around my cuticles sometimes and I just read how vics vapour rub cream is very effective for hemmorroids...who knew!!!
    Love your autumn hanging and I am a Nora Roberts fan; read her a lot in the past. She is a prolific writer.
    I can imagine the enjoyment you are getting from the painting. I love that you have found inspiration and direction online. I think your leaves are special, Mary and I'm sure the hand painted card will be much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete