Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Things I like Thursdays Jun 4

Greetings!

            HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!


Yes, this is my kitchen table. It will be a low key day here but I  hope you are having a wonderful day wherever you are.  And just in case you are wondering, I will not have the tv on due to the disgusting display by Trump in our capitol .

However, in keeping with our "likes" tradition at Lee Anna's site, here are my "likes" for this week.

1.  Discount Tire.  As you know, I don't handle "car trouble" well because  most repair shops are gleeful when a single old lady walks in the door.  But I must say I've always felt respected and taken care of at Discount Tire. Since I've been at 2 different stores in one week (with 2 different problems), I find that comforting.  Each time, the problem was taken care of for free since I've only purchased my tires there for many, many years.  just sayin.

2.  My Lavender Pot painting. 



As expected, I have been trying this new hobby almost every day!  This was a little difficult getting the shape of the pot, but overall, I'm pleased with it.  I do love my lavender pots out front of the house.

3. Sam's Club pulled pork in the refrigerated section of the store. .  It's already cooked and has minimal ingredients.  My daughter picked it up for me and we will have at least 3 meals out of this one package.  The best reason for this purchase was how tender the meat is but still lean!


Seasoned just right so you can add any sauce you want.  My daughter knows I don't cook much in this heat, so this was so nice. She also grabbed me a rotisserie chicken since I was caring for Thomas. Win win for me.

4.  Just in Case.
These are right by the front door. I put them there when we moved in but just realized how funny this is. My guardian angel and home security.

5.  My wax warmer to make the living room smell nice.


Wow, glad I dusted last week.  heehee.
  Anyway, I love this one because it's electric and gives out a little light at night.  But, it smells so good when I melt the "sugar cookie" scented wax cubes from Walmart, that it makes me hungry!

6.  The Kilona Iowa quilt block walking tour online:

This looks like such a wonderful place to visit. 

Well friends, that's  my list of fun items for this week.  Hope you'll join us at Lee Anna's for more at: Not Afraid of Color.

Have  great week. 
mary


8 comments:

  1. Happy 4th to you and yours;))) Love your little pot of lavender --just so pretty hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. We like Discount Tire, too, Mary! They are so great about helping you with just about anything, aren't they? I love your painting and your guardian angels, too - they made me smile! Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - I like your guardian angle and security sign together. Finding a trustworthy repairman is SO important. The pulled pork looks good and it's nice to find stuff with not a lot of junk thrown in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy you are enjoying your hobby and I think your little lavender pot is so very sweet. We do not have Discount Tire here or Sam's Club but I love to see the bargains. But I have seen pulled pork packages and wondered about them. Saves a lot of time and effort. Meanwhile, enjoy your special day, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah yes.... I have to be very careful to only watch movies when there could be a possibility of having to see, well, you know. Painting taught me to slow way down, really look at something differently, really see the light and dark areas and lines. It's been like a morning meditation! Your lavender is so pretty, great job on the pot and blending. Isn't it amazing when you walk by and see the painting and know somehow you did it? Leeanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh and the PUR system handles like a britta, but the filter takes out more impurities according to some studies.
      LeeAnna

      Delete
  6. Great likes. Your angel and the alarm company sign...nothing like covering all your bases. Your painting is fabulous. I just located my wax warmer recently too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your 4th of July table and wax warmer. I would not be able to have cookie smells just saying. I would then not fit out my door! LOL

    ReplyDelete