Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Things I like Thursdays Jul 18

Greetings!

Hi to all.  Unfortunately, this post will be short as I honestly cannot come up with more than a few "likes" to post.  I know, sad. Life is pretty dull around here while we sit in front of the tube keeping cool. No cooking unless it's the microwave and  staying home out of the heat.  I'm even putting off going to the grocery store till later this week when it cools down to 105. And contrary to public opinion, it is not a dry heat as the monsoon is coming. Gheeze.
 Our pantry and freezer are full so it's not like we're gonna starve- I just need to get creative with cold foods.


Here's my list such as it is.

1. Hallmark Christmas movies all month.  They were on one channel till last Sunday and now they are on the original  Hallmark channel till the 28th.  We have seen all of them but are watching them again cause there is nothing  much on the tv, now that Wimbledon is done.


2. The Gentlemens Match at Wimbledon. (cool title) That was 5 hours of tennis.  "Well done!" to both of them.

3. Purple Butterfly




I spent over an hour on this one whereas the others have taken about  a half hour.  I made the butterfly first and then tried to fill in where he had landed.  That was fun. I'm not a fan of the color orange but I liked how it balanced the colors here.

4. The tv show, Instinct - on CBS , Sundays. A fomer CIA operative who now is a professor of abnormal behavior studies  pairs up with a female NYPD detective  to solve crimes.  Alan Cumming ( of Broadway fame) is the gay professor and does a wonderful job as well as the female lead.  We really like this show.

5. Dits and Dots is sandwiched.  It  was so easy to work on at the kitchen table cause it was only 44 inches square.  Love those small quilts.

Well peeps, that's about it.  Hope ya'll are keepin cool.😎
Please join us at Lee Anna's for more "likes":Not afraid of color

Take care and thanks for dropping by,
mary
😎

6 comments:

  1. Hi, trying to keep cool here--I totally get it re: cooking in this heat...I kinda am not hungry when it gets like this..
    Now, I really love that butterfly--you did a great job on the fill-ins also...stay cool hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mary! Hang in there in the heat! It's starting to get hot here, but not nearly like you guys. I remember the arizona summers, you just have to grin and bear it, but oh how unpleasant. I'm glad you found some good stuff to watch! Do you knit at all? I like knitting while watching tv- even in hot weather, mostly because it's not as active as quilting so even when it's too hot to quilt I can knit some! Have a good week and don't overheat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom tells me that it gets humid there because of the monsoons. Hang in there! Your painting of the butterfly is so lovely! I like the way you have drawn the lines in pen and then added the color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oof - we're heading into a hot weekend here, but it won't be that hot! I like your purple butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG it's over a hundred here too and miserable. The painting is so exuberant!! Full of life and color. It's like magic painting,, isn't it? Cold foods sound good. Does that slow cooker heat up the kitchen too? Let's see, I like chicken salad, tuna salad, boiled shrimp, ice cream, er...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a big slow cooker and I think it does produce heat on the counter but it's still better than the old oven which produces a lot of heat in the kitchen. We are living on lots of salads and i have my favorite food-ice cream. I love painting and thank you again for that link to CEECEE! Have a great weekend. mary

      Delete