Thursday, December 27, 2018

Things I like Thursdays Dec 27

Greetings

Hope everyone who celebrates had a nice Christmas. Happy Holidays to everyone.  Of course, I have Christmas gifts to share for my likes this week, so bear with me. No sewing this last week -maybe next week.

Here is my list of likes for this week:

1. The Flawless Hair Remover.   As many women of a certain age (translate to OLD) have unwanted facial hair, this is a great gift.
It really works and is pretty, isn't it? My daughter gave me one, purchased one for herself and disappointed her husband because he got her one for Christmas!  We're keeping the company going.  LOL


2. I PAD!  My son and family  gave me one for  Christmas. What a treat.  I was very surprised.

It is so very cool. I spent most of the next day setting it up and figuring out how it works! I would try something then do chores or cook . Then I would go back and try something else!

3. Christmas candy.  Actually, Christmas chocolates.  no--just chocolates
I've been careful to not indulge as much as usual due to the weird blood sugar issues earlier in the year.  These are my favorite.  One a day. So far so good.

4. Home baked cookies.
These are not them.  They were supposed to be meringue cookies! I made two trays which were ok and I forgot to take photos. Then I burned a whole batch because I was doing too many things at once. What a mess and stood for 2 hours making them.  This is why I don't bake anymore. oh well.  Thank God my daughter bakes a lot.


5. Christmas Go Fish game.  My grandson just learned how to play Go Fish so I made a Christmas set and we played last week.

I just cut up card stock and wrote Merry Christmas on all of them then printed Christmas symbols and glued them on the other side- made it in one afternoon.


Yes-he beat me.

Since he can only use one arm, the card holder Dad got him has made all the difference in his enjoyment of playing games.



And then, there is this:



I just think this is fun.



Hope everyone is healthy and happy.  Please join us at Lee Anna's post:Not Afraid of Color
for more fun "likes".

Have a great day.
mary🔔


10 comments:

  1. Another great post, Mary. Love all these things. I got something to use too for us "old" ladies..I'll show it sometime. I do get a lot of enjoyment from owning an ipad so I'm sure you will love it. I too am being careful with chocolate...think I have a sensitivity somehow though I love the milk chocolate. The game is great and I do love that saying too. True!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jocelyn. I'm looking forward to checking out my ipad after my grandson returns to school! Somehow, the days are just not long enough! HaHa.

      Delete
  2. You got some great gifts, Mary - enjoy that iPad! I love the game you made to play with your grandson - what a fun idea. Cute idea for an Advent calendar, too! Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very clever cards and card holder. Laughed at the quote, heh heh
    now that you have an ipad, we'll compare games and apps. I love mine!!! We could also fT... just saying...LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LeeAnna. Now, if I can just find time to use the ipad. Between chores and child care, I'm maxed out-and no time to sew! Maybe after Thomas goes back to school. Happy New Year. mary

      Delete
  4. Looks like a wonderful Christmas! I've had my share of baking woes, sorry it happened on cookies that took a long time. Great homemade cards and cardholder. Hope you have a great weekend and wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tend to do the same thing...try to do too many things at the same time and burn the cookies! I like the idea of a Christmas themed Go Fish game...thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahaha, unfortunately for us behind most of the cupboard doors in the kitchen are plate and inedible stuff. Maybe that's good. Someone gave us sweet and crunchy peanuts.It's tough for me to put the lid back on the can.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, all of these! Yes to chocolate. Sadness for those poor meringues. That card holder is a great idea. And I love your version of an advent calendar. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great likes especially that meme! LOL! Have a wonderful and safe New Year!

    ReplyDelete