Wednesday, December 12, 2018

I like Thursdays Dec 13

Greetings!

I feel like I'm on hyper speed to get things done! Life is invading on my sewing time but I have managed to get a few projects done.  So, here's my "likes" list for this week:

1. Pillowcases for Thomas to match the lap quilt I made earlier:
The navy blue is matched with the monster trucks and of course the purple/orange are the Phoenix Suns colors.  I didn't put the usual extra flange  trim to the print border as I was in a hurry. I used Moda Grunge for the solids.
I use the MSQC tutorial for my pillowcases- so easy and maybe 30 minutes to make.

2." Welcome Winter" is almost done:
This one is for me since I used a blue/white Christmas theme in the living room. It's sandwiched and hope to have it tied soon. The snowmen make me smile.

3. Christmas crafts at my daughter's house.  I don't know how, but my daughter (with her busy schedule) makes sure there is time for at least one day of Christmas Crafts with my grandson:

 We made these Saturday night.  The Grinch jars contain green M&M's and the Santa jars contain red M&M's. We cut out the face parts from colored felt sheets  and glued them to the jar. The Santa hats were from Walmart, I think.
The hats  are stuffed a little with paper then glued to the lids. Thomas was able to separate the candy by color and help attach the felt so it worked out pretty well. The jars are just too cute. Thomas loves the Grinch ones, of course.

Well, I hope you are enjoying this week. Gotta get chores done then hopefully work on my quilt!
Please join us at Lee Anna's site:Not Afraid of Color for more fun.

mary🎄

13 comments:

  1. Oh how cute! It's so much fun doing crafts with kids and these jars are adorable! The snow quilt is so pretty (love those colors) and I know the pillow cases will be adored! Have a wonderful week! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary! What a fun, fabulous craft project for all of you. I just adore the Grinch jars, and how fun that they contain green M&Ms. YUM! Your snowman quilt looks fabulous and will go so well with your holiday colors. And it will be nice and warm! Looks cozy and comfy to me. Happy Happy day to you. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. the quilt is pretty, and I really love all the fabrics used. The jars of treats will be a great gift for people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet quilt. Love the Christmas Craft and the red and green M & M's yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pillowcases for Thomas sound like a perfect gift! I should make some for my kids - they are grown-ups, but would probably get a kick out of them. I love your winter quilt - it's just beautiful with the blues and whites. Looks like a fun crafty project, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss the days of doing holiday crafts with kids; such fun! The blue and white colors of your quilt are perfect for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those jars are super cute and look so fun. Your quilt is very pretty. I bet it will look great in your living room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your winter quilt is pretty. Those jars are hilarious. What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mary with the cute little tree by her name...I haven't a clue how to do things like that.
    Love your fabrics/the blues and those edible crafts are very cute. Best part is doing these things together. Memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jocelyn. On the top of the Blogger screen toolbar when you are writing a post,is a smiley face. Click on it to access special symbols and characters. I had to play around with that function to get what I wanted. Enjoy! mary

      Delete
  10. Mary - I just love these craft jars. Next year, I am hoping to start a craft group, and this is just the sort of simple thing that the ladies will enjoy creating! Thanks for your recent visit to my blog!

    ReplyDelete