Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Things i like Thursdays Dec 20

Greetings!

Ok, now we're getting serious about the to-do list for Christmas. Plus, life is interrupting my plans- doctor appointments, cleaning, real meals (not snacks) laundry and child care (translation-fun with Thomas). Decorations are done, new Christmas quilt is done and being used by me(Yay). Presents all wrapped and under the tree. The only thing I haven't done and probably won't have time for is any baking.  I went to Cost Plus instead. Hee hee. I like baking but don't like the clean up.

In the meantime, here's a short list of my likes for this week:

1. Cost Plus store.  As mentioned above , I picked up a few eats and other things there.  It's such a festive, inexpensive environment!  I got fruit cake from Germany because my brother and I like it and haven't had it for years. I also got some Danish butter cookies (not Gluten Free but I'll be careful). The stocking stuffers for kids or adults are expansive. It's fun to see the different items from around the world and ,of course, the holiday treats.

2.  Red bowl from Cost Plus:
I fell in love with the red dishes there and splurged on a soup bow l(about 6 inches wide).  I do not need any dishes but soup bowls were in short supply.  Now, I need to go back and get another one.  I have no idea why I bought only one.  Oh-they were 50% off too-- this was $2.50. Sturdy, micro and dishwasher safe, and cute.  I'm cute!  I'm cute! (Rudolph reference,)

3. Slipper socks.  At least, that's what we call them. Socks with non-skid bottom
If I'm not standing for a period of time, I wear these around the house to keep my feet warm.  My daughter got these for me last Christmas. Of course, I also find out how clean the floor tile is.  Just sayin.

4.  My tea options:
This is not all of them. Sometimes, I just want something hot and caffeine free. I couldn't figure out why 2 days in a row I was sleepy at noon- guess I won't use the "calming" or "stress relief" ones during the day. The "sleep" one is pretty obvious.  Ha ha


5.  Camper Gingerbread house from Joanne's.

This is for my DIL. They go camping (with a beautiful big 5th wheel). So, I thought she might have fun putting this together.  She is a very successful IT person at a bank and works many hours so I hope this gives her some fun down time.


Last, but certainly not least, I like Lee Anna from Not Afraid of Color.  With comedic genius, she has provided a vehicle for us to focus on positive thoughts to carry us through the week.  Her blog is just so much fun with a crazy amount of subjects! I usually read it twice to make sure I haven't missed anything.  I set aside time just to enjoy her "likes" day.

Please join us for more fun at Lee Anna's site: Not Afraid of Color and hope you are enjoying the holidays.

mary🎄
BREATHE.......




7 comments:

  1. Hi Mary! The gingerbread camper looks so fun! Is this for Thomas' mom? Oh, Dominic is a huge fan of the slipper socks. It gives him good purchase for climbing his slide - not on the ladder side but the actual slide. HAHA! Your new red bowl looks quite fetching. I had a set of red dishes from when I first moved out on my own, and only have four bowls left from that set. I use one every day for my oatmeal breakfast! Merry Christmas to you and your family, Mary. I hope you are able to enjoy and relax. Happy Thursday to you. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all your likes! The red bowl is so pretty, and I laughed at falling asleep after a cuppa during the day! The camper gingerbread is adorable too. Thank you lots for being such a good friend to me and our little group too! LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am like you - I don't mind baking, but dislike the clean-up! I haven't been in a Cost Plus store in a long time, but may have to go and check out the fun stuff. Love your red bowl! Those socks are great, too - I've got some that I wear around inside the house, and yes, you can definitely tell how clean the floor is! Merry Christmas to you and your family, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love socks like that. The gingerbread camper looks cute! I hope she has fun with it. Mmmm... tea. (and yes! Three cheers for Lee Anna.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband says I have a nixing bowl problem...I don't know why but I love them. Now I may start collecting pretty soup bowls too. ;) Slipper socks are the best! I just added to my teas stash yesterday. Have a very Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would buy that red bowl, too. Very cute. When I was a youngster living on my own in San Francisco, I shopped at Cost Plus nearly every weekend. :-) Thanks for taking me back in time for a moment. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that red bowl!!! It's lovely! We used to have gingerbread house parties here for the kids (layed shower liners everywhere to contain the mess) and it was nice to have that memory come back with your kit! Have a safe and happy holiday! Hugs, Mickie

    ReplyDelete