Wednesday, August 22, 2018

I like Thursdays Aug 23

Greetings!

So, this has been an interesting week (politically speaking).

But, I'll try to focus on things I like in my own life instead:

1. My "Teresa" quilt.  I finished it, made hasty photos and delivered it to my lung doctor who is a qualified and cool person:

This is all green shades but the photo shows up as yellow in spots. sorry. They are really a light green shade. This quilt is stunning in real life. I made it from Island Batiks -hand dyed and so cool.



The pattern was a rail fence. I used my batik scrap quilt top as the back:


The quilt finished at 42 x 57 and my doctor loved it.

2. Cauliflower Crust Gluten Free pizza. 


I had my vegetables and they were good.  Just sayin.

3. 2018 RSC blocks on the design board.

I'm caught up for June and hope to get July and August done this week.  I lost a whole month of sewing in July, so, hopefully, I am  back on track. I like how these colors play nice together so far.

I hope everyone is enjoying this week and can find "likes" in your life.  Please join us at Lee Anna's post: Not Afraid of Color for more "likes" .
Have a great day.
mary  😍








6 comments:

  1. I just found out I need to cut gluten out of my diet. Thanks for the pizza suggestion. The quilt is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your green quilt is beautiful, Mary! A lovely gift for your doctor! I love your RSC bl9cks, too - so pretty in all the colors. Glad you found that pizza and liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gonna send your link to a friend who is GF
    love your RSC piece!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your green quilt is lovely. One of these days, I'm going to have to try a cauliflower crust. Love your RSC blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary! Oh how I love cauliflower pizza crust! YUM! We have made it for several years now and just recently found pre-grated cauliflower in the freezer at the grocery store. Score! That's the hardest part of making it - all the mess in the food processor or blender. Your Teresa quilt turned out fabulously. I'll bet he was delighted, thrilled and surprised with your gift. Happy Thursday to you! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary thanks so much for the two lovely Thursday posts. I went to Cluck Cluck Sew and read her 11 things; it was a total reminder of what counts about this blogging/sewing life.Those ladies who are the pros must really feel the pressure.
    Meanwhile, what a pretty in greens quilt and I hope it will be appreciated like it deserves.
    I wonder can we buy cauliflower pizza here...I would definitely buy it as we really like it. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete