Wednesday, August 15, 2018

I like Thursdays Aug 16

Greetings!

Wow- the middle of August- where did the year go? To my doctor's offices.  Gheeze- I've been to  15 doctor visits this year! I'm ready for New Year's to start over. LOL.  Anyway, due to child care 3 days a week and every other weekend, my days are pretty busy.  But, I'm still blogging a little so I'm good.

Here are my "likes" for this week :

1. Quiltfolk magazine.  It's really a book. Like a coffee table book. I SOOO splurged and subscribed.  I was not reading enough in my life and my usual reading list just didn't strike my fancy.  When I subscribed, I was able to get the previous issue free so that was a win   It cost $70 plus shipping and tax for 4 quarterly issues a year.
 So, I present to you a photo of the first issue I got:
The photos are outstanding and the writing is so relatable.  This issue was about quilters in the state of Arizona.  As usual, I had no idea there were such great happenings and people all over my state.  I lead a sheltered life. Gheeze. For once, I'm proud of my state.

Here is the current issue I received at the same time:


This issue is about Louisiana . By the way, The first issue I received is so full of information and inspiration that I took my time and read it TWICE. I just opened this second issue the other night and I'm also taking my time.

Side note- I photoed my new books on the quilted table cover of green gardens fabric. Doesn't it look like they are laying in the grass?   I need to remember this for my next "photo shoot" ( I'm using that quote liberally). HaHa..

2. My Gal Sal Bakery.  My daughter read about this award- winning specialty bakery in Phoenix and gave me a gift from there- a sample box of gluten free delicacies.




This is a photo of an empty box. Sorry, I couldn't be bothered to take photos of the cakes.

Trust me-they were really good especially for being gluten free, soy free, yellow no.5 free, and no preservatives or additives.   I decided a week later to go there myself and spent a ridiculous amount of money.  The  owner was knowledgeable and pleasant.   When I got home, about half of it was good especially since I froze them for a later date.  The other half was dried out and had nuts in them.  I wasn't smart enough to ask on that allergy. Finding any freshly baked gluten free products in this area is almost impossible, so I will go back but I'll be even more picky with my purchases. This is a real luxury.

3. Cluck Cluck Sew post on blogging :Cluck Cluck Sew.  I hope you can access this post she made about her 11 years of blogging. .  Sometimes, I need a reminder to relax and be more mindful. This fit the bill for me.

Well, this is an eclectic mix of "likes". Please join us at Lee  Anna's post:Not Afraid of Color  for lots of "likes" inspiration.

Have a great day.
mary☺



7 comments:

  1. wonderful!!! I want to see those books, how beautiful the covers are! I thought you took the shots on grass. Good for you to find the bakery but hate getting home and finding cakes dried out. And cottony fruit too. I can't believe it's August, the days are flying by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee Anna, I couldn't reply by email so sending these wishes for you to find those books. They're really cool. Havea a great weekend and thanks for including me in the group. mary

      Delete
  2. I have been reading an issue of Quiltfolk that a friend shared with me, and it is really a neat publication! I might have to find the issue about Arizona. I like your grassy green background fabric, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you can find a bakery you can use in your area. My neighbor has similar allergy issues and she can not find anywhere to purchase store baked goods. Smart photo tip with the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those 11 things are pretty cool. Thanks for sharing that. How nice to find a bakery you like. Always a good thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary! I do not follow a gluten-free diet but it sure would be nice to have someone around here that made those items. My boss is GF and I would like to take her something as a treat for her birthday. I'm leaning toward chocolate-dipped fruit. Happy Thursday! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband is gluten free and it is so challenging to find good things that he likes here. I am so envious! Will have to check out Quiltfolk soon! thanks! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete