Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Things I like Thursdays Jun 28

Greetings.

Hope you all are having a great week.  I'm STILL having health issues with no relief so have another lung doctor appointment today.  I am really annoyed but do have some likes to share with you:

1. This red bell pepper from the Netherlands!

I cannot believe we can't grow red bell peppers here in the U.S.! In the summer-really??
I purchased this at my local Safeway -in a hurry-just needed one-never looked at the sticker till I got home and cracked up laughing.  BTW- it was good!

2. Fairlife Milk.  My daughter found this at a hotel in San Diego while on vacation so I got one at Safeway- $4.99!!!! Say what?




But, I did find it for $3.32 at Walmart which is much more effective for this specially fortified milk.


3.  Re-do of Pyramid Game Show.  ABC tv has provided a Sunday alternative to many depressing dramas.  It's celebrity Pyramid.  We've been enjoying this comedic alternative.

4. Petunias in 110 degrees.  This is crazy but my petunias are still blooming in this awful heat:

I have been so busy with childcare I haven't remembered to trim them so I just took a quick photo last night before chopping them off. I usually trim them every other weekend. The color is much faded but so delicate looking.  I think it must be the seaweed fertilizer I used that has kept them alive this long.

Well, gotta run- stay cool!

Don't forget to join us at Lee Anna's site: Not Afraid of Color
mary

7 comments:

  1. Good Morning Mary!
    The Netherlands?!! I would never in a million years think that a red pepper was grown there and imported here. Oh we drink lactose-free milk all the time and have for years. I just love the taste of it. It's odd, I was told I was allergic to milk as a child and I suspect it was the lactose. I hated skim milk, and that's all they ever could give me - now I drink this milk willingly! And your petunias look great! I like them too - I will have to take a picture of our front porch for next week. All the blooming flowers make me happy. Happy Thursday! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny to see a red pepper from the Netherlands of all places! I'll have to look more closely at the sticker next time. Your petunias look great! I grow a lot of petunias and am hoping they'll survive the 103 we're supposed to hit today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry Mary your health issues continue and it is just so hot there. I am always perplexed by the origins of food in the supermarket. And you are so right, I'm sure red peppers are grown in the USA; they are grown here in Ontario.
    What do you mean when you say you cut back your petunias? I have them in all three pots this summer and I do deadhead them but that is all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jocelyn. I lob off all buds and blooms every 2 weeks and the flowers come back usually thicker, too. Now, There are climbing type petunias and then regular in a pot but mine are the regular. Mine don't usually make it in the summer so this must have been a good batch and good potting soil. Enjoy!

      Delete
  4. i used to grow some mighty tasty bell peppers in MD. I guess the current administration hasn't done an embargo on Dutch produce....yet...I have petunias and didn't know how to prune them. Do you lop all blooms off weekly? I'm OVER this heat...
    Hope you find the source of your health issues soon... it's scary when experts don't know for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee Anna! LOL on the embargo. Today is my nuclear heart test and next week is a CT scan on my lungs. Somebody's makin a lot of money on me right now. Ugh. I do cut off all blooms and buds on the petunias every other week. Hope ya'll cool off soon. At least there's a possibility for you.
      Have a great day. mary

      Delete
  5. Look at those petunias! excellent. I love those red peppers, too.

    ReplyDelete