Thursday, July 5, 2018

Things i Like Thursdays Jul 5

Greetings!

I'm posting this on Wednesday as I will be busy on Thursday. I hope all of you are enjoying summer and of course, here in the U.S., Independence Day. Here are a few of my likes from this week:

1. Being American: Even though I am not proud of the behavior of many Americans lately, I am proud to be a part of this country:

Happy Independence Day!
There was a new Gallup poll this week:
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- This Fourth of July marks a low point in U.S. patriotism. For the first time in Gallup's 18-year history asking U.S. adults how proud they are to be Americans, fewer than a majority say they are "extremely proud." Currently, 47% describe themselves this way, down from 51% in 2017 and well below the peak of 70% in 2003.

How sad.  I don't have solutions for the actual state of affairs we have ourselves in and certainly do not want to turn this post political, but I must hope this is temporary.

On a happier note, here is a salad I made for the 4th:




It's Refreshing Watermelon Cucumber salad at allrecipes.com. I omitted the cheese and onions as we don't care for them.  But, this salad was really good, easy  and refreshing. You're welcome.

2. French Toast with Peanut Butter.

So, many of you may already be aware of this delicacy, but this was a first for me. Yummmm.

3. Blogger site improving.  It's not fixed, but at least I'm getting comments notifications in my email.
Unfortunately, several comments are "no reply blogger' on my email so I am trying to reply individually on that post instead. 

4. The Martin Auto Museum in Phoenix.  We took Thomas to the auto museum and he was so happy.  The staff are so inviting and helpful- they even let him sit in an old Studebaker:



It was the cutest moment. He will remember this for a long time.  

Unfortunately, it's time  to start chores so I can drive to daughter's home later for family fun.  Hope everyone enjoys this day!

I love to hear your comments and also hope you will join us at Lee Anna's post for more likes:Not Afraid of Color.

mary🎆


9 comments:

  1. Oh I will take a big serving of french toast with pb!
    Thank you so very much for your sweet comment. It truly made my day.

    I hope you had a wonderful fourth of July and are enjoying this hot summer!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had french toast with pb but on pancakes and waffles, it is required. Love your tablescape! And that salad! We've been eating watermelon for days. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had watermelon in our salad too and it was so refreshing. No never tried pb on French toast...one more to give a go.
    MY grandmother would often quote...this too shall pass. Mary, things usually have a way of righting themselves in the end...that's my belief.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary! What a fun post. I'm so happy to see Thomas having fun and sitting in that Studebaker, and you captured it on film (and your blog). That watermelon salad looks delicious!! I have never had french toast and peanut butter, but it looks delicious as well. Yeah to getting notifications about blog posts. That had to be very hard. Happy Thursday! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm PB on French toast. I've heard of stuffed French toast before, but not with peanut butter. (Blogger still won't email me for yahoo email addresses either - I need to start nagging them about that again!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with your likes. Great picture of the grandson in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The watermelon salad looks yummy - I looked up the recipe and will have to try it! What fun for Thomas to go to the museum and enjoy sitting in the car, too. Hope you're having a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes to all of this! To a patriotic 4th of July even when we aren't proud of the things happening here, and to peanut butter and french toast (which I've never tried but seems like very much my kind of flavors), and too Blogger comments getting resolved! That makes a big difference to me! Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know when there is an accident on the highway, it becomes newsworthy. When the traffic is moving just fine, it generates no news. Similarly, all the good that America contains is not newsworthy and unfortunately there is plenty that is wrong, disgusting, immoral and inhumane happening in our country right now. We do know that eventually good will overcome the evil. In the mean time, we have to keep fighting, resisting, supporting and voting.
    I am a big fan of the watermelon, feta and mint salad.

    ReplyDelete