Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Things I like Thursdays Jun 21

Greetings!

Hi there. Except for the fact that I do not like what's happened with Blogger emails, I do have a few "likes" to share with you this week:

1.  My FREE, I said FREE glucose meter and supplies from my medicare insurance carrier CIGNA.  We are still trying to figure out what is going on with my blood sugar as I have these "attacks".

Having no experience in this area, this is all a little overwhelming. But, after 2 weeks I've got a system going that works to get a record of my blood sugar for my return visit to the doctor later this week.  I'm just so grateful I don't have to spend a fortune on these supplies  as some of my friends do.

I should say I saw a Cardiologist today who is ruling out  heart issues also. Later this month I'll take those tests just to be sure.

2.  2018 RSC blocks year to date. 
Aren't they pretty?  I don't have June done yet which is turquoise/teal. I didn't think I would like this project - but I do now.

3. My new Patched +Squares top.  I was organizing my scraps buckets and came across these 4 x 8 bars I sewed together one afternoon from scraps in 2016. I put them on the design wall:

Then, I cut out 8" squares from Bell Porcelain and sewed them into rows, alternating the bars:
I love it! It only took one afternoon sewing in the kitchen watching a movie! Unfortunately, I went through all my stash and can't find a backing, but- we'll see. This was so easy and so fun to put this top together. . It's 48 x 53 inches. I don't think I'll add a border. This will probably be a donation quilt. As usual, my Iphone photo doesn't do the colors justice.

I hope you are all enjoying this summer!  Here in Az, we have plenty of time to sew since we can't go outside so I'm taking advantage of this time on my days off from child care.

Please join us for more "likes' at Lee Anna's post: Not Afraid of Color.
Have a wonderful day!
mary



8 comments:

  1. Mary, I'm so sorry about your blood sugar problems. My husband is diabetic, so I know what you're dealing with - it's especially frustrating when you can't get it under control. I love your RSC project! And the other scrappy quilt is a lot of fun, too - looks perfect for using up skinny strips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diann! This getting old stuff is a struggle some days. But, I can't wait to see how this RSC quilt turns out.

      Delete
  2. Blogger fixed the comments! You should be able to set up without having to do a test comment.

    Blood sugar issues are no fun. But yay for free stuff! And your RCS project is very pretty. I like those blocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally, I have not heard that about Blogger? Most of these comments are coming to my email as no reply. How did you find out it's fixed? Thanks. mary

      Delete
  3. Keeping you in my prayers and hoping your blood levels soon stabilize. :( I love your Rainbow quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooo I want to make that first quilt now I've seen yours. How cool is that! Good luck getting the sugar stabilized. What a trial bodies can be! LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete