I originally wrote this post with some serious thoughts that have me upset these past few days but I have removed them to a separate post if you are inclined to read them. Today, we will escape to lovelies.
Here are just a few of my likes this week:
1. Beginning to clean out closets. If I start to clean out now, then Fall (and cooler weather) must be around the corner. I packed away my old "work" fancy clothes since I retired a year ago. I don't know why I'm saving them except for the cost incurred! I have no plans to return to work, unless there's a disaster.
I absolutely love not working outside the home and wearing casual clothing.
This is just the beginning of cleaning out stuff for donation. It feels so good.
2. A New cooler. My freezer part of the fridge is old and not mine since I'm renting my home. I keep a freezer thermometer in there for that reason. It started fluctuating, so I brought a new Igloo rolling cooler from Target for $23 in case it was going out.... love that it's on rollers!
3. Safeway's Fall Display in the florist section. Isn't this adorable?
4. My new Gypsy Quilter Gripper. Since my injury (see previous gross post) I purchased a second Gripper. I cannot find my first one purchased 5 years ago and only used once. Originally, I did not like the feel of using one. But this time, I've determined my tendinitis in my thumbs doesn't hurt so much so there's a dual reason to use this.
5. Christmas Cookie Place Mats. The fabric is from a Moda Frivols #10 tin with Christmas Cookie Exchange fabric.
The backing on all of them is the gray/white circles from Hoffman. It has a slight sheen to it. I like making these place mats because they are so soft (with a thin batting inside). They just get thrown in the washer and come out beautiful. Not sure if these will be a gift or sold at a craft sale.
I am so grateful to have the time and inventory to create, sew and quilt for therapy. It makes me happy.
Please join all of us at Lee Anna's Not Afraid of Color for our "likes" this week.
I pray we will all have a peaceful week. Thanks for stopping by.