Wednesday, March 29, 2017

JELLY ROLL RACE QUILT

Greetings!

I finished the Kaffe Fassett 2013 Cool Jelly Roll race quilt. It's for my bed for the summer.  It's about 60 x 75 finished. 



It's the only jelly roll race I've done, ( from MSQC tutorial on you tube) but I'm ready to do another one. This is fun if you are watching a movie at the same time. It took an afternoon to make the top. Then  a year later, I added a white border and a purple/lavender  border, plus a backing of a green floral and quilted it with vertical lines. I used my new favorite color-Robin's Egg Blue for the binding. 

I love it.
Hope you have a wonderful day!
m,ary

9 comments:

  1. Wow, these blues are gorgeous and I have never used Jelly rolls yet either. I adored your half Dresdens you made with the Fasset fabrics. They are a favourite pattern of mine. Looks like you really do have spring with lovely growing things already. We are finally melting so at the icy/muddy stage today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.We have such a short spring I go kinda crazy enjoyng it. We might be close to 95 next weekend. Gag! Try the jelly rolls-they are such fun!

      Delete
  2. Hi Mary,
    I saw your comment on "Not Afraid of Color" and had to come visit. Love your Jelly Roll, and it is so inspiring. I needed an idea for a fast quilt to make for H2H. The one I've got going is turning out awful.
    I signed up to follow. Can't wait to see what you are up to next.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I hope you get to try the Jelly Roll race quilt top. It was fun. In fact, I just found one in my stash to make a top for a guy in our family. You get such a variety of patterns and colors to work with. Enjoy your day!

      Delete
  3. Also, you live in the town where my son lives...
    Hugs2

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous burst of lovely colors!!! Love the scrappy border.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. It's a Kaffe Fasset fabric. They are all so vibrant.

      Delete