Wednesday, September 16, 2020

I like Thursdays Sep 17

 Greetings!

We are doing well and I’ve had a great week.  I spent the weekend mostly with my daughter and that I like.  Saturday we did our annual Christmas craft together and Sunday I went to her house to play with her and Thomas and lots of eating.

Here’s a list of my likes for this week:

1.  Christmas hanging decos that we made. We purchased the frames at the Dollar Store and added ornaments and ribbons.  







Ignore the nails and hooks.  I had to hang them somewhere out of the way so later they will be moved.  The red is Tina’s and the blues are mine to blend with our different Christmas decors.  They were very easy to make  but a little time consuming.  So, we were able to visit with no interruptions!  Priceless.

2.  Comedian Sebastian Maniscalco.  We are watching him on Prime.  I love everyday humor and he delivers.  I had seen him over the years but now we can watch his specials 

This is a link to a short video on You Tube. I hope


https://youtu.be/5CznoAW2k1I.  


3.  Current book


This Great  book is historical fiction about a young female packhorse librarian delivering to the poor hill people of Appalachia.  She is also one of the blue skinned people in that area.  She experienced prejudice and suspicion while providing hope and light from books.  I was not familiar with this part of our history so I enjoyed the many photos and facts after the novel.  I recommend this book.

4.  Almond milk for emergencies.  (Like when I don’t want to go to the store)



I got a case of these 8 oz milks months ago in case of a shortage on milk.  But, I like them for their size.  I also buy the large 32 oz size if I know I’m going to need it for puddings or baking.  But this little one came in handy. It has 12 g sugar but has vitamins and minerals that add to my protein powder drink.

5.  The Easy Garden Tool from Facebook. If I were gardening I would get this;

What a fun way to dig holes for plants.
Women with power tools-watch out.


Ok. That’s it for this week. Please join us at Lee Anna’s site,  Not Afraid of Color , for more likes.
Stay safe and wear your mask.
Mary



9 comments:

  1. I love your Christmas frames! They are lovely and look like they took some time to make! Just lovely! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary! What a cute and clever idea for your Christmas craft. I love all three of them! Thanks for the link to the comedian. He reminds me of Jerry Seinfeld way back when - we can all use a good chuckle, that's for sure. I actually have two attachments for my drill for digging holes for bulbs. It came in really handy when one year I decided to order 200 bulbs. I don't know what I was thinking but they sure looked pretty when they all came up! Happy Thursday to you, my friend. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m not looking forward to Christmas this year! No family near! If the weather is agreeable, maybe we will visit my sister....2 hours away! I’m glad you could spend some time with your daughter.
    Does Almond milk really work in pudding? I didn’t think it did! I like to have “back up” on the shelf too! Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, your Christmas frames are so fun! That's a great idea! Loved The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek. I thought learning about the blue skinned people was fascinating, especially that they were considered "colored" and discriminated against in the same way as other people of color at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pretty decorations! And I LOVED the Book Woman! What a great book and something to learn from too. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never heard of Sebastian Maniscalco but I'll check him out. We could all use a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shelf-stable milk is a wonderful thing. The craft project looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not tried almond milk. I think I would have a mental thing about drinking it. Do you cook with it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your craft projects. Glad you had a fun week. Great likes as usual.

    ReplyDelete