Thursday, June 13, 2019

Things i like Thursdays June 13

Greetings!

I seem to say this every week- where did the week go?  And, what am I going to post about for our "likes" day? -  here goes:

1.  Flamingo display at Joann's- this is for Lee Anna.



The photo does not do the display justice.  It was so pretty and whimsical. Plus, there were very reasonable prices.

2.  Lura lura-art.com.  If you go there- go to "gallery" then choose "Art Quilt Gallery".  I was blown away by this woman's talent. However, that is not a secure sight so I didn't link any photos.

3.  The city of Peoria library park.  


This is the view at the entrance to the library.  Considering the temp today (112) it's pretty green and peaceful.

4.  My new insulated bag for grocery shopping.

I got it at Joann's for $8 on sale. Much prettier than the ones they sell at the grocery store and advertising their name.  Here in the Peoria area, most of us residents carry a cooler in our trunk (mine is just styrofoam) and insulated bags for grocery shopping.  I try to go before 9AM cause it gets so hot early in the day.  Now I wish I had bought several of these bags. Oh well.

5.  Thomas' birthday cake made by my daughter.  He loves Monster Jam:


She used Chips Ahoy crumbled cookies to make the dirt! She then put a small straw inside the cake to hold the toothpick up and laid the newly purchased truck on top of the  toothpick. . very smart. Thomas was so excited.

WARNING: Out of control photos ahead:

6. Village Glow quilt is done.
Here it is in the middle of binding:

It's 57" x 58". Fun trying to quilt in the ditch.


The pattern for the houses was from Humble Quilts and Diane Knott of Butterfly Threads.  The houses were easily  made from 2.5 inch  scraps.  Sashing is a diagonal red check from Moda Cookie  Exchange in the stash. . And, I added a 4 inch black with tiny flowers border from Joanne Kessler for Concord Fabrics.  This was given to me from the neighbor across the street who was cleaning out sewing storage boxes. I was nervous using an old piece of fabric, but  I washed, dried and pressed the fabric which is perfect.  I used a Bella Solid Gray jelly roll  for the binding. I'm keeping this one.  It's very soft and cuddly.

Here are  some houses:








7.  Golden State Warriors are still in the Championship Finals game!


Well peeps, that's my life this week.  Hope yours is well and you will join us at Lee Anna's post:Not Afraid of Color for more "likes".
Thanks so much for stopping by and I love your comments!

Stay cool.
mary😄

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE that cake! lol. That's so fun. The quilt is great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flamingo bowls are cute! I just love your house quilt, Mary! It's definitely a keeper. Thomas's cake is so much fun - very creative! I have the same feelings about my weeks lately - where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary! Happy belated birthday to Thomas. That cake is SO cool, and I'll bet it was delicious. I'm so thrilled for you that your neighborhood quilt is finished. Did Thomas help you identify some of your actual neighbors houses? I love the whole thing and then to be able to make it with 2.5" scraps - well, that is extra cool. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your little houses--very nice hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Village Glow very much...as you know I love house blocks. That quilt is a winner. Also love the cake...very clever of daughter to think of the straw trick. I can see why Thomas was excited about it. Well, try to stay cool and hydrated. Rain pouring here now but we just had 4 sunny days in a row.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send us some rain!! heehee. We got lucky this time in that it was only extremely hot for 3 days and we've cooled off to 105. Thanks for the kind thoughts. Have a great weekend. mary

      Delete
  6. Your house quilt looks so comfy. I'm glad you are keeping it. Thomas must have loved that cake. So creative. I don't think I could function very well in that kind of heat. Stay cool and keep quilting.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your houses are fabulous. Happy Birthday Thomas! Great cake. The Library garden is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I'm sorry it's so hot! And I guess you're in for the long haul of summer now too so not much chance of a cooling off. I love that we're all on the lookout for flamingo gear and displays for LeeAnna; it's a sign of a caring community!! That cake is really fun- how clever to use crumbled cookies for the dirt. Much more realistic than frosting which is probably what I'd have used. And your quilt turned out so pretty! All the different houses are a ton of fun. Also- I don't think you can ever have too many quilt photos! That'll make great snuggling when it does cool off (or if your air conditioner goes excessively).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt looks lovely but the cake is the winner. Lucky guy that Thomas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful house quilt! That cake is wonderful! I'm sure Thomas will love it! Your library park looks so big. Great likes!!

    ReplyDelete